App Review Bkav Pro Internet Security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Bkav is a security solution provider in Vietnam. It cannot be purchased outside Vietnam, but does offer an English version...
Let's take a look at what it's worth in terms of protection...

Interface: 3/10

Bkav is designed to be simple, but its interface is rather aggressive, and not very easy to use for my taste.
Installation was complicated, as I had to restart the software download 3 times with my Webdownloader!
I have a very stable FTTH fiber connection, so the download took a long time...
I had to restart the process 3 times, with a fairly long waiting time...

Protection:0,5/10 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Malware Pack : Remaining 521 out of 531 - Very infected - VM died !!

Unfortunately, Bkav is proving ineffective both on the Web and on the pack!
It only partially blocked a threat on the Web and blocked the drop of the fake crack.
Otherwise, the virtual machine finds itself ultra-infected without Bkav being able to react.
One thing that really shocked me was that even old malware dating back to 2003/2004/2005 was not detected by Bkav!!!!
I ended up with BronTok, MyDoom and Parite.....
At the end of the test, my virtual machine gave up the ghost with a BSOD given the infections....

Result : Impossible to continue the test and therefore the analysis. Even if I could have used a rescue CD, the very low detection rate of Bkav was not worth it....

Recommand : No
System Clean : Very infected

@ShenguiTurmi request

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I wanted to buy the program to try it. It was garbage:):) The program had good results in the tests when it was first released.

That's why I told you to wait for my test to come out ;)
I don't know how the malware research team works at Bkav, but not detecting old malware like BronTok, MyDoom, Virut or Parite is unheard of...

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
That's why I told you to wait for my test to come out ;)
I don't know how the malware research team works at Bkav, but not detecting old malware like BronTok, MyDoom, Virut or Parite is unheard of...
The old malware, they may have cleaned the definitions for better performance.Trend Micro does the same (not sure if the oldest malware is cleaned up as well). But <2% detection rate is a joke.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Bkav is a security solution provider in Vietnam. It cannot be purchased outside Vietnam, but does offer an English version...
Let's take a look at what it's worth in terms of protection...

Interface: 3/10

Bkav is designed to be simple, but its interface is rather aggressive, and not very easy to use for my taste.
Installation was complicated, as I had to restart the software download 3 times with my Webdownloader!
I have a very stable FTTH fiber connection, so the download took a long time...
I had to restart the process 3 times, with a fairly long waiting time...

Protection:0,5/10 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Malware Pack : Remaining 521 out of 531 - Very infected - VM died !!

Unfortunately, Bkav is proving ineffective both on the Web and on the pack!
It only partially blocked a threat on the Web and blocked the drop of the fake crack.
Otherwise, the virtual machine finds itself ultra-infected without Bkav being able to react.
One thing that really shocked me was that even old malware dating back to 2003/2004/2005 was not detected by Bkav!!!!
I ended up with BronTok, MyDoom and Parite.....
At the end of the test, my virtual machine gave up the ghost with a BSOD given the infections....

Result : Impossible to continue the test and therefore the analysis. Even if I could have used a rescue CD, the very low detection rate of Bkav was not worth it....

Recommand : No
System Clean : Very infected

@ShenguiTurmi request

Windows built in security was certainly rocking in that video, all the user had to do was not "run" it. ;)
Im going to hammer home the habits vs paranoid tendencies theory of enthusiastic users.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Windows built in security was certainly rocking in that video, all the user had to do was not "run" it. ;)
Im going to hammer home the habits vs paranoid tendencies theory of enthusiastic users.

In an AV test, only the Windows firewall and UAC are activated, so as not to interfere with the test in progress.
I would have liked Bkav to have a better result, but unfortunately it was a cold or icy shower...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.