Troubleshoot Blue Screen

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Blue screen every time I connect to Internet with any browser
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Getting BlueScreenView report. I tried to repair with the installation disc, but it did not work
Hi

I seek help for a problem I'm having lately with the computer. My O.S. is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Comodo Firewall was installed with Qihoo 360. Got a license Emsisoft IS and uninstalled the two applications to install the latter.

Everything seemed fine, but the computer began to suffer "Blue Screen" earlier times, now every time I connect to the Internet. It is also immediately. I tested with: Google Chrome, Opera, Yandex. IE, Firefox and Cyberfox. Takes longer to go out with Cyberfox, with Google Chrome is immediate

Deputy information provided by BlueScreenView.

Thanks in advance for your interest

==================================================
Dump File : 050415-23150-01.dmp
Crash Time : 04/05/2015 18:13:26
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4 : fffff800`032ddb5f
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+72a40
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18798 (win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+72a40
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050415-23150-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 287.368
Dump File Time : 04/05/2015 18:19:05
==================================================

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check that all drivers from Comodo and Qihoo have been completely removed from your system. It's possible for drivers to cause conflicts, resulting in errors.

You may need to research what drivers are left behind and where to look.

I would advise to install only one real-time antivirus software, choose either Emsisoft Internet Security or Qihoo 360 Total Security.

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
You are missing Microsoft patch for W7 systems.

That crash address is wrong; it is not ntoskrnl.exe but instead netio.sys driver.

The problem is not Emsisoft, but Microsoft... the netio.sys driver causes IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD.

Microsoft Hot-Fix here: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2958399/

Emsisoft Support Forum here: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/16995-five-bsod-since-i-started-using-eis-last-week/?hl=+irql_not_less_or_equal++bsod.

You can also search "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on Emsi Support Forum for a whole bunch of threads regarding this issue.

Uninstall EIS, reboot, install MS Hot-Fix, reboot, re-install EIS, reboot.

Should fix problem.

Do not delete the minidump created by the BSOD !!!

Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050415-23150-01.dmp

In case above Hot-Fix does not correct issue, post minidump along with report on Emsi Support Forum. Zip the minidump and attach to your post.

They will get you up and running.

They always do...

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Check that all drivers from Comodo and Qihoo have been completely removed from your system. It's possible for drivers to cause conflicts, resulting in errors.

You may need to research what drivers are left behind and where to look.

I would advise to install only one real-time antivirus software, choose either Emsisoft Internet Security or Qihoo 360 Total Security.

EIS stores the vast majority of settings in .ini files - and not the registry - to avoid registry conflicts with other AVs.

In any case, I would use only one AV as it is a complete waste of system resources to run two AVs along side of each other; the small, incremental increase in security will be greatly offset by slower system response and potential conflicts. You'll get fed up...

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Upvote 0

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
EIS stores the vast majority of settings in .ini files - and not the registry - to avoid registry conflicts with other AVs.

In any case, I would use only one AV as it is a complete waste of system resources to run two AVs along side of each other; the small, incremental increase in security will be greatly offset by slower system response and potential conflicts. You'll get fed up...

He already did it
uninstalled the two applications to install the latter.

In correct english and unninstalled both apps (comodo and qihoo) the install the last one (emsisoft)

Upvote 0
S

starchild76

Thread author
which uninstaller did you use to uninstall both? remove all folders manually ( put the option show hidden folders in windows on)
you can use the tool search everything related too comodo and qihoo 360 , download here :

http://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

after this check invalid enteries ( starup items and lefover drivers from both qihoo and comodo ) with autoruns :

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

the firewall driver , leftover from comodo causes major problems most of the time!

also check leftover registry enteries via regedit.exe and look into the following folders :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER ( software ) ---> wow6432node also
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ( software ) --> wow6432 node also
HKEY-USERS ---> S-1-5-21 ( the first one ) software

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Does EIS install a Firewall driver? Is it possible that such conflicts could arise from a leftover Comodo Firewall driver, or other?

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Does EIS install a Firewall driver? Is it possible that such conflicts could arise from a leftover Comodo Firewall driver, or other?

There have been reported issues where the Emsisoft network driver caused BSODs.

However, in 99.99 % of W7 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs where the crash address ntoskrnl.exe is indicated - the system is missing the Microsoft Hot-Fix indicated earlier.

The culprit is netio.sys - which is a networking\IP driver...

Netio.sys is a Microsoft problem, but Emsi gets the blame all the time.

Upvote 0
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
The first is to thank each and every one of you, especially to @Dani Santos for having done well interpreter.:oops:

I find them all great ideas, but I preferred to start from less to more. The first thing I did as directed by Dani Santos was, in safe mode, uninstall my current AV. So I have observed that your computer works perfectly. :eek:

I decided to try a different antivirus and I installed a promo Webroot and seems to be working perfectly. It takes 20 minutes without blue screen. :)

Regrettable and interestingly, the best antivirus I have had in my life, was the cause of the destabilization of the computer.:eek:

I show you a picture of my team running with four open browsers.

upload_2015-5-4_21-48-54.png

You were all very friendly and I learned a lot reading your comments. :)

I end as I began. Thanks to each and every one of you, you really have helped me. :):)

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Thread author
Creates a clean boot and see if you solve

Uninstall thoroughly, using the uninstaller owner (available on the website of the manufacturer), Antivirus/Firewall on the system.

> Start All Programs Accessories >, right click on "command prompt" and select "run as Administrator".

1. in the window type:
sfc/scannow and give enter.
Wait until the end of the process.

Close the command prompt window and restart.

2. Type the following:
Msconfig and give enter in search box of the start menu.
Go to the section startup.
Remove all the ticks
Give ok.

Do not restart.

3. Open msconfig and click on services.
Put the check in the box to hide all Microsoft services (Attention, Microsoft services are hidden and not touched)
Disable all others.
Give ok.

Do not restart.

4. Go to C:\windows\prefetch.
Delete all files (including ReadyBoot folder that will be recreated) minus the layout.ini file that should not be touched (the hidden file and therefore could not be visible).

5. Go
in C:\windows\temp.
Delete all files deleted (many files may be in use and cannot be deleted).

6. Control Panel internet options, > click Delete to clean up the temporary and history.
Give ok.

7. Empty the Recycle Bin and restart.

8. On reboot download Wise Registry Cleaner Free Portable Version:
http://www.wisecleaner.com/soft/WRCFree.zip
Save the file in the downloads folder, right click on the file, choose Extract all, confirm the destination folder, open the unpacked folder, right click on the file: WiseRegistryCleaner.exe and choose Run as administrator, agree user account control (UAC).
Leave the default options.
Start scanning.
Repair only recommended and safe entries.
Scan and repair must be done only once.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you will use the BlueScreenView then a better accurate where the culprit came from.

There's always a bit misconception where if a last program they use then likely the cause of problem however it can be your graphics driver or other things which invisible running to your system.

@Sr. Normal : How's the computer going from its consecutive operations? :)

Upvote 0
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Well, I know that was what happened. My computer has been a poltergeist, do not you think so ?. let me explain it.

Yesterday everything worked perfectly with Webroot, except that suddenly my computer restarts and the windows loading error tone sounds, I do testing but not find anything. I connect to the internet and all is well.

I decide to back up my system before going to sleep and all is perfect.

I get up, turn on my computer, I put the windows installation cd, formatting and stays frozen.

Reboot and screen goes for choose boot press F8. It does not move, does nothing. I thousand tests, I try to enter text mode with TAB. It does nothing.

Change the battery with a new one, reset the mother board with the Jumpers. It does nothing.

I took the computer to the shop of a friend and after several tests, we see that the master HD (which had Windows, OS Elementary, Voyaguer and Manjaro addition to 3 VM) is dead. We have changed our mother board, controller, we have put on another computer, we have changed the circuit ... dead)

Having reached this point, I do a rhetorical question: coincidence or causality ?. If I liked install operating systems, it will spend a few hilarious days.

Have a nice day and thanks again!

@Sr. Normal : How's the computer going from its consecutive operations? :)

Snif! The councils were excellent, but my computer is not personal, is that it has lots of character :p

Reactions: LabZero
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.