Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
cant system restore or factory reset need major help
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
safe mode
I need help my laptop acted up affter installing Emsisoft AntiMalware, I can't use the internet or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21043

Hi,

You have now uninstalled Emsisoft Antimalware from Safe Mode, am I correct? If I am incorrect, please boot into Safe Mode and uninstall Emsisoft Antimalware. Should you encounter any issues whilst booting into Safe Mode to uninstall Emsisoft Antimalware, let me know.

May I also know, what Antivirus software did you have installed before installing Emsisoft Antimalware, and is it still installed?

Before uninstalling Emsisoft, if you contact Emsisoft support they can most likely help you with your issue. (e.g. take the dumps/logs and read through them to see if they can find the issue).

Cheers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
I recommend that you post your issue in the Emsisoft support forum - a staff member will assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There is a conflict with Emsisoft Internet Security and the bridged network adapter driver in Virtual box.I don't know if this is the case for Emsisoft Antimalware however this would also apply to Online Armor.

If you are running Windows 7 SP1 then you need to run this Hotfix to remedy the BSOD problem

HotFix for Microsoft Windows (KB2958399)

http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows 7/Windows Server2008 R2 SP1/sp2/Fix499765/7600/free/474557_intl_x64_zip.exe

If you want to use OA or EIS 9 then you will need to uninstall Oracle Virtual Box and then uninstall Bridged Network Adapter driver by way of a command prompt

First Uninstall VB and then run the following command prompt

sc delete VBoxNetFlt

This should be the cause of the BSOD/corrupted driver.Just uninstalling virtual box will not uninstall the bridged network adapter driver,this has to be done by way of the above mentioned command prompt.

If you dont need virtual box and on Windows 7 SP1 run the hotfix and then uninstall VB and the Bridged network adapter driver

If you want to keep VB I would suggest uninstalling Emsisoft via a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo or IObit and scan and delete any leftover files.Either way on restart everything should be fine.

@Billcomputerman123 posted before I saw your post that the situation was remedied

Upvote 0

Billcomputerman123

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
while i was installing emsisoft internet security it blue screened and i came back to uninstall it it wouldent let me so I used geek uninstaller to force remove it and it was gone still got the blue screens and everything till i uninstalled virtual box

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.