Solved Boy am I stumped

crazipowerz

Thread author
Mar 1, 2015
My brother stopped in for a visit and stayed the night, during which I gave him access to my pc for email use etc...
Today Ive noticed constant website blocked messages coming from Avast and I've run my anti virus and malware and spyware and quarantined a few items but the messages still keep popping and Im unsure what else to do. My browser is running weird and the machine feels sluggish. I am worried I am not finding something that might cause me some headaches if left unattended. Any help would be appreciated, Im not a pc wiz but not pc illiterate either so should be able to follow most instructions.

Thank you in advance,

crazipowerz

Thread author
Mar 1, 2015
Sorry for forgetting to read the prep apologies.
My only excuse is that it was late which isn't a good one so I have included said files with this post.
Thanks in advance for looking, although that is all you might do as I don't know if this is piracy related as it was my brother who downloaded something whatever it might be. I purchase all my games and software, but if you find something that isn't bought I understand and abide by the policy. Sorry for wasting your time if there is something found.

Attachments

• Addition_02-03-2015_12-51-35.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 56
  • FRST_02-03-2015_12-51-36.txt
    43.4 KB · Views: 90

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Chrome installation is altered by malware. Reinstall is needed.

Export bookmarks from Chrome
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96816?hl=en

Uninstall Chrome

Close all Chrome windows and tabs.
Go to the Start menu > Control Panel.
Click Programs and Features.
Double-click Google Chrome.
Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog. Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, select the "Also delete your browsing data" checkbox.

Click Start, copy %localappdata% click Local and remove folder Google

Download Chrome
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 115

crazipowerz

Thread author
Mar 1, 2015
Ok thanks but as a side note before I get this started. I dont even have chrome on this pc. At least not in the uninstall control panel area. And no files in the x86 dir. I only use Firefox. Should I use chrome? Or has something happened I dont understand?
Also will this cause problems with the fix you suggested?
And the .exe for FRST and the fix.txt need to both be on the desktop correct?

Sorry just need to clarify I know I ask too many questions.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
And the .exe for FRST and the fix.txt need to both be on the desktop correct?

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

Chrome:
=======
CHR dev: Chrome dev build detected! <======= ATTENTION
CHR Profile: C:\Users\Powerz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [eofcbnmajmjmplflapaojjnihcjkigck] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChromeSp.crx [2015-01-11]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChrome.crx [2015-01-11]

Fake Chrome. Try with Revo Uninstaler.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

crazipowerz

Thread author
Mar 1, 2015
Ok have run the fix and attached the log file. Also downloaded revo but it cant find the chrome install either. Maybe I did something wrong Im not sure. Should I re download chrome and install would that fix the issue? Back to the main issue: The constant blocked website redirects have stopped though which is awesome. So huge thanks for that, so I guess figuring out the chrome issue is still to do or just forget about it? Either way you are an all star thanks.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 51

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
chrome issue is still to do or just forget about it?

Forget it, problem is solved.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Regards.

crazipowerz

Thread author
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks again for the awesome assistance I dont know if its enough for a beer but donated. I appreciate the help and the easy explanations.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.