Can Microsoft Account be seperately used only for apps/services & not system?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Can I sign-in with Microsoft Account for like Store & OneDrive only & not system i.e does sign-in with MS A/c into Store or OneDrive activates Microsoft Account on system too?

I like to use local account & don't want to activate Microsoft Account on the system.

Windows 10 x64

Reactions: Logethica

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Can I sign-in with Microsoft Account for like Store & OneDrive only & not system i.e does sign-in with MS A/c into Store or OneDrive activates Microsoft Account on system too?

I like to use local account & don't want to activate Microsoft Account on the system.

Windows 10 x64

You either sign on to Microsoft online account having all the benefits and downsides of their services, or you don't.
Windows 10 does allow you to create a local account, without all the MS addons yet in order to use those addons you need the online account.

Reactions: LabZero and XhenEd
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So to use any services like Store, OneDrive, etc... individual apps/services sign-in is not possible & one have to activate MS A/c on the system i.e MS A/c activation on the system is required to use any apps/services on Windows 10, right?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
So to use any services like Store, OneDrive, etc... individual apps/services sign-in is not possible & one have to activate MS A/c on the system i.e MS A/c activation on the system is required to use any apps/services on Windows 10, right?

Pretty much as the menu of windows 10 clearly states.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use local account & have disabled quite a few things in settings. Now If I activate MS A/c I have to go through the settings again to disable few more things... little work but good to disable the unneeded stuffs/options. I dont have much use of MS A/c so will think & decide to activate or not.

Thanxx for the info Nico.

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
I think you can use a local account + login on apps like email without activating the microsoft account on system too.

I'm wrong?

When the mail app asks you for login you can choose to login only on that specific app.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I just want to use Store to download & play good educational games/games for the kids here.

Dont know if sign-in Store needs/activates sign-in the system account too?

As per Nico system account sign-in is required to use any services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.