Cannot Remove Media Player Adware

smallz

Thread author
Feb 20, 2014
If needed, I can upload scan logs, but the logs don't even recognize that it's on my computer. I can tell you that when I go to chrome://extensions, I see Media Player (1.1) listed under the extensions, enabled is checked and grayed out (Installed by enterprise policy) and underneath the ID it says (This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled). I have literally used every program that's in the guide that I posted for my troubleshooting and it seems like it may be somehow, a web-based extension and not on the computer itself. I think it has been going on longer than a few days, but the ads and such have gotten so much worse and causes Chrome to freeze, which has never happened to me. Like I said, I have done from top to bottom on the blog post and it's still there. Unfortunately, I am about to head out to work and I won't be back this evening, but I do have it set up where I should be receiving e-mail notifications about any posts.

Thanks for any help or advice,
Sean

smallz

Thread author
Feb 20, 2014
Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

Attached are the reports from the programs that I ran.

Thank you,
Sean

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 95
  • aswMBR.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 77
  • FRST.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 132

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 110

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.