Mini Spy

Can't install Hitman pro kickstart to USB drive

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Software - Questions and Help!' started by Acenyc, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Acenyc

Acenyc New Member

I'm trying to install Hitman pro Kickstart on to a USB stick. When the download completes and it tries to install kickstart, I get this error message:

An error occurred while creating the hitman pro kickstart USB flash drive.
    #5, lock.

I tried three different USB drives on an XP, and a win 7 computer and they all failed. I'm thinking the file is corrupted in some way. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
  2. exterminator20

exterminator20 Giveaway and Hot Deals Expert MalwareTips Staff

Are you making a USB to just have in case of an infection or do you think you might have one ? I believe you cannot make one on an infected PC.

Usually this error message #5 lock is due to another program that is preventing access by HitmanPro to the USB stick

Maybe try turning off another Security program or see what other program might have access to your Usb drive.Once HitmanPro has sole access to the USB it can format it and write the bootloader and program files on it.

You could also ask here http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=236732

Or try HitmanPro Support here http://www.surfright.nl/en/support/
  3. Acenyc

Acenyc New Member

Yes, both computers are at my job and have symantec running. I'll disable the win 7 machine and try again on Monday.
    Thanks.
  4. Jack

Jack Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
    Here is what Edwin Engels from Surfright had to say:

Koroke San likes this.
  5. anorris

anorris New Member

This was an elegant observation. Elegant because it seems simple, but the underlying logic of it shows a more sophisticated understanding of the way everything is connected. I'm sure he doesn't need flattery. Just sayin'.

Also just sayin' that I was in the same situation and it worked for me. :biggrin:
  6. whoknows4077

whoknows4077 New Member

Also I just figured out you have to wait till it asks you to put in the usb drive. it can not be in until it asks for it.
    That fixed it for me.
  7. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

Make sure the USB isn't provide any errors or damage, + clean to avoid troubles.

Most sensitive cases when the explorer for the USB is open or certain application.