Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
CCleaner version 4.18 is now ready for download!

In this release, we've added one of our most requested features to the free version- Active System Monitoring. While not as powerful as the Professional version, CCleaner Free can now monitor your system in the background and detect when to Clean based on space that can be saved.

We've also improved cleaning for Firefox Saved Passwords and Opera History as well as adding cleaning for several new applications!

Change log:
  • Added Active System Monitoring for Free users
  • Improved Firefox Saved Password cleaning
  • Improved Opera History cleaning
  • Improved 64-bit build architecture for Window 8 and 8.1
  • Added Ashampoo Burning Studio 14, XnView and FastStone Capture cleaning
  • Improved localization support
  • Minor GUI Improvements
  • Minor bug fixes
http://www.piriform.com/blog/2014/9/25/ccleaner-v418

CCleaner 4.18.4842
http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup418.exe
Portable
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/portable

Ashampoo_Snap_2014_09_25_21h24m33s_012.jpg

Last edited:

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
I like using ccleaner to manually remove registry which i know its safe to remove by doing a quick scan.

Reactions: Kent

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
sorry

never mind it's working now wierd lol

it was not working a few min. ago even from your link
and Majorgeeks link for the portable one

it must not have been put up yet you guy's are fast
to post this stuff

thanks again

:)

James

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Rightclick the guard in systemtray, options, untick "enable systemguard".

simian glowz

Sep 25, 2014
Thanks, but i've done that and the system monitoring does not go away, even with a reboot of the computer... find this annoying as all get out and have reverted back to the previous version (free) until Ccleaner can get this sorted out.... :(

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Thanks, but i've done that and the system monitoring does not go away, even with a reboot of the computer... find this annoying as all get out and have reverted back to the previous version (free) until Ccleaner can get this sorted out.... :(
Go to Options>Monitoring and untick 'Enable system monitoring'. Then go to Advanced and untick 'Enable Active Monitoring'. Also make sure that it's disabled in Tools>Startup.

simian glowz

Sep 25, 2014
Thanks, did not see the option n the Advanced (free version) nor did i see anywhere to disable it in the Ccleaner Tools>Startup.... for now, i've gone back to the previous version and will keep this one for a while

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I am using portable and it seems a bug. I closed CCleaner but Sys Watch still running. I already disabled this option.

That's strange, I can turn it off in both portable and the installed versions. I hope they fix this soon, this seems like an annoying bug to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.