Chrome vs Firefox vs 360 Browser

Which is the most lightweight and fast browser?

• Chrome

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Firefox

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • 360 Browser

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
Firefox is more lightweight than Chrome but slow for me
Chrome is fast but not lightweight for me

Personally, I chose Chrome but I think it's best to try different ones out and see what fits you best.
I used to use Firefox in the past but I have moved on to Chrome for now, maybe one day I'll move back or to something new. Who really knows?

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Firefox is more lightweight than Chrome but slow for me
Chrome is fast but not lightweight for me

Personally, I chose Chrome but I think it's best to try different ones out and see what fits you best.
I used to use Firefox in the past but I have moved on to Chrome for now, maybe one day I'll move back or to something new. Who really knows?
Firefox has more privacy options but it is slow and hang a lot;whereas chrome is fast,secure but has less privacy:(

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Firefox has more privacy options but it is slow and hang a lot;whereas chrome is fast,secure but has less privacy:(
Could you please explain the privacy issues with chrome.?
This data mining paranoia seems to be never ending.

Can you be 100% where your data is sent in other browsers.?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I've read that Chrome is far less secure than Firefox. Firefox is open source. Chrome is not. Firefox and Chrome on my computer are the same speed. Rending is much better on Firefox. 360 Browser? I don't trust Qihoo just like I really don't trust Google. 360 vs Chrome? Both take more data from you than Firefox so a tie I guess? I don't know.

Chromium based browsers play HTML 5 video much faster and with less CPU/GPU usage. That is the only advantage I see honestly. That is just how it works on my computer...

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Could you please explain the privacy issues with chrome.?
This data mining paranoia seems to be never ending.

Can you be 100% where your data is sent in other browsers.?

Google Browser (trough google search and apps) and Internet Explorer (trough Windows OS and Bing search) transmit virtually everything you do both online and offline.
As the picture about google shows:
7yORSXG.png

There is literally no debate possible on that matter as this is just the way it is and everyone knows it (If not wake up)
If privacy is a matter of concern to you then stay of the internet and move to the qwahibi tribe in South Africa because that is virtually the only place on earth where google cannot track your data. Really? to bad there is still a satellite passing by snapping pictures while you are practicing your rain dance moves during a ritual fire.
Other then that i could recommend Aviator browser which is a pretty secure browser and sends fake data to google (or any search engine for that matter) it works, its nice and its fast.

Back on topic, Firefox use to be fast but with extensions it bogs down, Chrome on the other hand i do hate, yet it works and works fast.
360 browser i am sure it works, but if privacy is a concern then you might as well stay with Google because 360 browser (Tencent) collects just as much data if not more and is not nearly as good as Firefox or Chrome for that matter)
Long story short, it does not matter if you pick Chrome, FF or Opera or even IE because these 4 browsers dominate anyway are fully developed and in terms of speed they really are a close match and virtually equal.

Ill just stay with my old Opera (presto engine) which is still their fastest engine to date.

Cheers

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I've read that Chrome is far less secure than Firefox. Firefox is open source. Chrome is not. Firefox and Chrome on my computer are the same speed. Rending is much better on Firefox. 360 Browser? I don't trust Qihoo just like I really don't trust Google. 360 vs Chrome? Both take more data from you than Firefox so a tie I guess? I don't know.

Chromium based browsers play HTML 5 video much faster and with less CPU/GPU usage. That is the only advantage I see honestly. That is just how it works on my computer...

Chrome actually is for a large part opensource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome
At least the engine is being considered opensource.

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
I can't say anything about the 360 browser, as I haven't tried it. Firefox vs Chrome has been and still is the Coke vs Pepsi debate of the Internet age. As far as default security, Chrome is pretty much top dog. But there is a huge "but" involved, and that is security is not just privacy or not just scripting etc. Web security has a lot of different areas to cover, and no one browser/OS/program can cover them all. Then you have user security, which is an entirely different ballgame. As far as performance and being "better" in general? You might as well forget even trying to poll it. "Better" will always be nothing but someones' individual opinion, and performance sheets don't matter for squat because no one has the exact same machine, specs, network performance, computing habits or programs.

All of those things matter, not just how quickly the browser loads up the funny cat meme website. As for privacy, forget it. Yes, Chrome reports to Google. But every single website you visit is reported to another website and to your ISP. The only things you yourself can avoid are advertisers and all but the most determined hackers. After that, you're simply hanging naked in the wind. At least Google tells you it is watching and what it will do with your data.

Reactions: Amiga500

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Firefox is the first implemented the addons collection which are already in thousands or more, therefore customization is in the edge part.

Now when it comes from speed, its always a different aspects and angles on which are better; there are so many test for reference but actually its yourself on which decide acts better based in your computer performance.

The truth here Google Chrome is heavily advertised all around therefore market shares and revenues just increase dramatically. ;)

Reactions: Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.