cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
A general question, but can be answered by understanding that the bulk of the exploits will first to an inventory of your system to find if you have anything (Java, Flash, etc) that can be exploited, then will proceed to connect out and download the payload. Using the preferred settings, Comodo would rarely even let the initial exploit scout (normally a scriptor of some type)) get that far, and even if it did would prevent the payload download.

If you are interested, I will be publishing a couple of Videos shortly- one in which some very popular 2nd opinion scanners are totally oblivious to scriptors, and another in how Comodo is not.

I should also state that frequently when a person asks about exploits someone will jump in with "keep your applications patched and you won't have problems". Although very true to point, that advise really doesn't hep if either the flaw wasn't yet discovered or a patch is still unavailable.

Reactions: ZypKode and Moose
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
The settings you have mentioned in your recent video, I dont use all of those settings.

I hide alerts & all.
FW is set to block.

But for autosandbox I dont change the default.
Default is good against exploits?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
CIS's performance against exploits, just like ESET and Kaspersky, it depends upon settings\configuration - and more importantly, the user.

@cruelsister offers good advice regarding settings.

CIS does pretty good job against malicious scripts - from what I have seen on my system.

I use Comodo because of the way it handles scripts. Other AVs either don't do anything or don't handle scripts very well.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
When i was using windows about a year or so ago i recall coming across a korean website which had a very nasty exploit on it.This is the only time in my computing life i had actually come across live malware on a website and comodo internet security which i ran most of the time on windows successfully protected my machine with its multi layered approach.I can vouch for it then very much so.

Nowadays i use linux but from personal experience comodo is very good against exploits.

Reactions: vivid
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have always used free AVs, many free AVs I have tried. Its been 15 years since started using internet.
Tried free AVs like MSE, Avira, AVG, Bd , Comodo, Unthreat, Comodo V2, Avast, etc...
Never got infected with minor/major malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.