Briefly explain your current issue(s)
BIOS update needed
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Bought Pentium G7400
Your current Antivirus
Avast
Hi MT.
I have taken the plunge on this oddball motherboard from China's jd.com
I have not made it POST yet after trying an i5-12490f and an i5-14500. In both cases, the CPU and RAM LEDs indicate unrecognised hardware.
I only tried my 2x8GB Lexar Hades sticks which are not on the official RAM compatibility list from Colorful. I have a few more to try if needed.
There is no CPU compatibility list. I noticed Walmart had the Pentium Gold G7400 for $80 this w/e so I've ordered one in case I can
drop it in and do some BIOS updates. The BIOS changelog indicates support for up to 14th-generation CPUs. Fingers crossed.
I tried to borrow a vanilla 12th-generation CPU from my university IT department but they said no. None of the computer shops in my hick town
had any either, not even the business tech support place. That Pentium is $230AUD domestically here in Australia. It was cheaper
for me to buy from Walmart and redirect it to Australia for $25 via UPS. I'll update any interesting finds in this project.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello! It seems like you've done some thorough troubleshooting. Trying different CPUs and RAM sticks is a good approach. Waiting for the Pentium Gold G7400 and trying a BIOS update might just do the trick. Also, it would be beneficial to check if the PSU is providing enough power. Keep us updated on your progress!

Reactions: Cleo
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.