App Review Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.8.407941.426 - Autosandbox - MBR-ransomware re-test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
CIS is silent like Sleeping beauty :)
Untitled.png

So this is the only problem with CCAV

D

Deleted member 2913

@Evjl's Rain,

My todays net limit 1gb is over i.e 56mb remaining, after 56mb finishes, speed will be reduced to 128kbps, it will take very long to download CFW.

I find CFW lighter compared to CCAV so I think CFW CPU usage would be 0%.

Hope CFW users will help us here & give info. If not then tomorrow I will test CFW & update here.

By the way, you mean CIS or CFW? I guess any, right?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain,

My todays net limit 1gb is over i.e 56mb remaining, after 56mb finishes, speed will be reduced to 128kbps, it will take very long to download CFW.

I find CFW lighter compared to CCAV so I think CFW CPU usage would be 0%.

Hope CFW users will help us here & give info. If not then tomorrow I will test CFW & update here.

By the way, you mean CIS or CFW? I guess any, right?
I mean comodo internet security. It's fairer to compare the one which has AV engine to CCAV
so in my quick test with CIS (comodo antivirus doesn't have the sandbox and firewall while CIS has everything): proactive, a few tweaks in User interface, disable HIPS, virusscope, delete Downloads folder from "Do not virtualize access to...", disable the widget. CIS 99% stays at 0%, all processes, rarely 0.1%

This is my host machine with avast and voodooshield temporarily turned off

@shmu26 hi, I noticed a very useful info in CIS. You can select not to install the firewall component during the installation :D. It can be helpful if you wanna make a combo KIS+CIS without firewall

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

the thing that has me puzzled is dll files. I see both in my trusted file list and in my autosandbox rules that there are entries for dlls.
For at least one of them, I got a prompt.
What's up with that?
Devs reply "Can you please check if they are related to application that got sandboxed and then you decided to run outside Sandbox?"

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
right
there are exe files and also dll files
hi, I don't know if you miss my previous message or not. I think this info is useful for you :)
hi, I noticed a very useful info in CIS. You can select not to install the firewall component during the installation :D. It can be helpful if you wanna make a combo KIS+CIS without firewall

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
If you do like that, you will also lose the autosandbox, no?
no, everything is still intact :)
I have some screenshots which prove that only firewall is missing while autosandbox is still there
1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG

I unchecked firewall while installing CIS. Now the name is COMODO antivirus 10 o_O

D

Deleted member 2913

I dont know what CIS 10 installer options are?

With any previous CIS installer you can install -
CIS - Suite
CFW - No AV
CAV - No FW

Sandbox will be there with all install options.

I think CIS 10 installer options would be the same as previous installers.

The above install options only applies to CIS installer.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I dont know what CIS 10 installer options are?

With any previous CIS installer you can install -
CIS - Suite
CFW - No AV
CAV - No FW

Sandbox will be there with all install options.

I think CIS 10 installer options would be the same as previous installers.

The above install options only applies to CIS installer.
here are the options
4.PNG

I read comodo website. I saw CAV doesn't have firewall and sandbox. Just AV engine. Their screenshots showed the same thing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

right
there are exe files and also dll files

Devs reply
"Possible reason is that you ran setup, which was sandboxed and then you decided to run outside sandbox, that resulted in sandbox rule creation with action "Run outside sandbox" and trusted rules are created for the same."

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
hi, I don't know if you miss my previous message or not. I think this info is useful for you :)
well, I did the CIS installation without firewall. But I got more than I bargained for.
It installs not just autosandbox, but also HIPS. That's not so good, because Kaspersky also has a pretty extensive HIPS.
Even if I disable the COMODO HIPS, but the drivers are still there, and I think they will conflict with KIS, no?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.