• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
I tried the email extension, but seeing that I use Hotmail/Outlook it isn't doing much, so I'm trying the desktop app...but it can't open as it's a chrome.crx file... oh hum...

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I tried the email extension, but seeing that I use Hotmail/Outlook it isn't doing much, so I'm trying the desktop app...but it can't open as it's a chrome.crx file... oh hum...

Hee, hee... so it is obviously intended only for Chrome-based browsers; more specifically Chromodo.

It's funny that Comodo always fails to mention such facts...

No Infos... that's the Comodo way...

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Is it going to try to install PrivDog on me again :D

But seriously though, this might be aimed at users who are not as experienced or want something simple, whereas they already have an existing solution to fight the phishing, SecureDNS by comodo. This is probably because many users are having a hard time or don't want to waste their time learning how to change their DNS settings, I think you should be much better off with Secure DNS because it not only protects the browser but also all the network that is coming in and out of the system.

Reactions: porkpiehat

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I would have thought that if they develop this technology it would be included with their security suite. Not released as a standalone application, kinda surprised by that. Though this probably does not matter much.

Now has anyone tested it? Any opinions?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I would have thought that if they develop this technology it would be included with their security suite. Not released as a standalone application, kinda surprised by that. Though this probably does not matter much.

Now has anyone tested it? Any opinions?

This is how Comodo does things. Eventually most of their wares are abandoned... at least that is their track record.

The attitude towards CIS is that it has a sandbox, therefore it doesn't require lock-tight web protections. As far as anti-phising, it has never been a real part of Comodo protection model.

As Melih stated on the Comodo forum, the sandbox (virtualization) will keep the physical system clean (paraphrase)...

I don't necessarily agree with that 100 %. I asked about data loss. His response was that data theft is mainly via malware\infections and that CIS protects the physical system. As far as complete data protection, that is beyond the scope of CIS... He used the example of internal theft (what home user has to worry about "internal" data theft ?) - and while I do agree with Melih - that was just a side-step of my query regarding data loss; he knew perfectly well that I meant the ultimate goal of any security soft should be the protection of data and not just merely keeping an infection off the system...

Whether it is Comodo or any other security soft, the main focus is to keep an infection off the system. That objective is different than protecting data as a whole...

Any how, if the cVerify really works and protects against phishing I'd certainly welcome it. Have to see how it all sorts out...

Reactions: Azure

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Download, go to extensions tab and drop...

Clipboard01.jpg

...then you must install addional software for this to work...WTF :confused:

Clipboard03.jpg

...click on download and LOL :p...NOT FOUND...nice

Clipboard04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.