App Review Comodo Firewall 2024 Beta Setup and Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021
Comodo positively & definitely needs to add an strong network based intrusion detection/prevention component in there firewall module for blocking all kinds of latest network based attacks & intrusion attempts & hack attempts that the standalone firewall can never block

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Thanks for the video, I was looking forward to it.

Do you think that this beta version is stable enough to be used in a production machine?
Much too early for one to do this. Best practice is never to employ a beta from any vendor on a production system.
The statement at 1:12 of the video that was pointed to also doesn't suggest doing that.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Awesome video as always. I like the new UI.

Thanks for the video, I was looking forward to it.

Do you think that this beta version is stable enough to be used in a production machine?
It's Comodo doesn't matter if it's beta or stable release. Comodo is the reason I started doing system image backups back in the day because it refused to uninstall properly. Thank you Comodo.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Comodo positively & definitely needs to add an strong network based intrusion detection/prevention component in there firewall module for blocking all kinds of latest network based attacks & intrusion attempts & hack attempts that the standalone firewall can never block
Although I agree that @cruelsister test is more of a containment test than testing the capabilities of the FW, Comodo FW in the past had these types of protections. I remember CFW 3.0 had protections against flood and spoofing attacks. I have not used Comodo in ages, could you therefor be more specific. Are there important firewall protections missing in the new beta?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Neil Young :love: Great test and thanks for showing your cruelcomodo tweaks in the new GUI.

@cruelsister when I installed on .8088 on win10_VM with CF only selected, install failed ERROR 4294967295. VM was pretty clean only running MS Defender and Andy's SWH. 2d attempt it did install for me but had also selected the AV. Then under tools I found killswitch and discovered that had to be DL'd and installed and got another ERROR 4294967295, and shortly after uninstalled it all. Error not unique to me, others posted same at comodo forum, I didn't see an explanation. You have any idea what that's about?

EDIT: I reinstalled on newly cloned VM, no problem with installation this time, CF only. @cruelsister tweaks applied. MD is AV.

Last edited:

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021
Although I agree that @cruelsister test is more of a containment test than testing the capabilities of the FW, Comodo FW in the past had these types of protections. I remember CFW 3.0 had protections against flood and spoofing attacks. I have not used Comodo in ages, could you therefor be more specific. Are there important firewall protections missing in the new beta?
Network intrusion detection/prevention system should be positively added to every modern day good quality security software along with the firewall, Network intrusion detection/prevention system prevents & blocks all kinds of latest network based intrusion/pentesting/remote access/hacking attacks that a standalone firewall can't block hope this makes it clear

• HaHa
Reactions: codswollip
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Network intrusion detection/prevention system should be positively added to every modern day good quality security software along with the firewall, Network intrusion detection/prevention system prevents & blocks all kinds of latest network based intrusion/pentesting/remote access/hacking attacks that a standalone firewall can't block hope this makes it clear
Nope :) just a lot of buzz words sequenced in a long sentence, but I appreciate the effort (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
As I said, Valkyrie is going to cost 75 Euros a year. Best comment I've seen on the Comodo forum.
"Seventy-five Euros for a component nobody has ever seen. You guys are nuts."

I'll wait until it's out of beta to try it. I've never had a problem with Comodo Firewall, and I've never had any malware problem in all the years I've used it, since Version 3 or 4. Still, I have a feeling this might be the last free version of CIS or CW. No secret info, just a hunch.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

As I said, Valkyrie is going to cost 75 Euros a year. Best comment I've seen on the Comodo forum.
"Seventy-five Euros for a component nobody has ever seen. You guys are nuts."

I'll wait until it's out of beta to try it. I've never had a problem with Comodo Firewall, and I've never had any malware problem in all the years I've used it, since Version 3 or 4. Still, I have a feeling this might be the last free version of CIS or CW. No secret info, just a hunch.
Home users don’t require Valkyrie. CIS will remain free; it’s a great way to get people to test and enhance Xcitium.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.