App Review Comodo Firewall against Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I frequently read that Comodo is complicated and is something for advanced users. Although it is true that with the dozens of settings available one could indeed make things complicated I personally never saw the point of doing this.

This video (I hope) will show that at its most basic and least complicated settings Comodo Firewall performs at a level that i find totally acceptable.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
So good to see such a review...thanks a lot for that. I have been a comodo user ( not a fan boy though) from their very beginning. I still remember their "boclean" software i used ages ago. I am not saying that all of their products are/were super-good, but they have some real gems in their hand which IMHO is underrated and underachieved (this is a fact their hardcore critics won't even think of worth disproving). They really need to focus on their strength instead of reinventing the wheel again.

D

Deleted member 2913

CS,

I can only download 360p with IDM. For other resolutions 480p, 720p, etc... I get 781 bytes with IDM? Same for your previous videos.

UPDATE - Tried again now And all fine. Dont know what happened previously?

Can you please test CCAV with the same samples?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rodney74

Dear C.S

1). Can a person just install it and not change any settings and get the protection that you show in the video.

2). And then install a good AV (do you recommend one) Or Since, as you have shown the sandbox is doing all the protecting,

3). How about Comodo Internet Security, it's everything in one package.

R

Rodney74

After CS did this video, I'm thinking it looks like all we need is Comodo FW for the Sandbox...I mean why bother with anything else, since the baddest guy on the block is Ransom ware, and CFW sandbox stops it dead, what else do you need.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Thank you for another very nice vid @cruelsister ! The last part of the vid exactly reflects what I've seen from CIS, minor difference that my wallpaper didn't have any colour but black after the ransomware attack (I cannot reboot with ShadowDefender being active however, at least not without commiting any changes - what I won't do after a malware test :p).
It's great to see that CF / CIS already shines on stock settings :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.