Advice Request Comodo Firewall component being ignored

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

As I understand watching her videos on YouTube, @cruelsister uses Comodo Firewall on Windows 11 with no problem.
When software is not officially compatible with a new OS, either means that it is not officially tested by the organization who releases it or simply is not compatible. When so many people seem to use Comodo without problem on Windows11 chances are it is simply not tested and has a fair chance it will work on your PC with Windows11 (always with the use at your own risk disclaimer).

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
When software is not officially compatible with a new OS, either means that it is not officially tested by the organization who releases it or simply is not compatible.

With all due respect, when a security software company doesn't test its product on Windows 11, it means:
1. It's a small irrelevant stinky company, just labeled or so called "security software company" for the sick of marketing purposes;
2. Worse, it's a veteran well known company (such Comodo), behaving as a small irrelevant stinky company.

When so many people seem to use Comodo without problem on Windows11

With all due respect, the word "seem" can be translated to: "Nobody knows how many people are using Comodo' products on Windows 11, therefore, nothing can be inferred from the number of Comodo' users and Windows 11".

chances are it is simply not tested and has a fair chance it will work on your PC with Windows11 (always with the use at your own risk disclaimer).

With all due respect:
Lot of Comodo' products are not updated nor upgraded since 2020.
Also, Comodo' Forum pages are full of reported bugs, never fixed (worse, Comodo has the nasty habit of deleting these Comodo' Forum pages).
Therefore:
1. Chances of Comodo' incompatibilities with Windows 11... are significant;
2. If is true that "so many people seem to use Comodo", then is true that these people have no way to report Comodo/Windows 11 incompatibilities, or worse, even if Comodo' users are reporting incompatibilities, then Comodo is not fixing these incompatibilities or Comodo is just deleting these Forum pages.
3. What would be the motivation of any Comodo' user to report a Windows 11 incompatibility, when Comodo itself is repeatedly declaring "not supporting Windows 11"?

Final words:
1. When a software credibility relies on a bunch of not expert and amateur users sharing its SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS in the web, it's a big red signal to stay away from that software.
2. If people love Comodo' products, then is better to wait for the announced Comodo updated/upgraded next version, apparently to be launched in few months.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

1. When a software credibility relies on a bunch of not expert and amateur users sharing its SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS in the web, it's a big red signal to stay away from that software.
2. If people love Comodo' products, then is better to wait for the announced Comodo updated/upgraded next version, apparently to be launched in few months.
I agree to some extend with your observations and for amateurs not having a propper backup & recovery I agree with you that it is better to wait for a Windows 11 supported version, and yes I am an enthousiast amateur with some HTML and CSS knowledge and basic programming skills (simple visual basic and python) but . . . . .

I would NOT call CruelSister an amateur or non-expert, for the videos she posts you need the contacts and the skills of an expert (otherwise she would not be able to lay her hands on fresh malware and be able to alter them for demonstration purpose).

Last edited by a moderator:

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I would NOT call CruelSister an amateur or non-expert.

Please, allow me some clarifications:

1. I love @cruelsister and I think she shared and she still shares amazing experiences (not just related to Comodo). However, I don't need to trust @cruelsister in order to enjoy @cruelsister.
The forbidden word here is "TRUST"... users always must have critical thinking.
@cruelsister is an anonymous character, no one knows her personally, her work is subjective, no one controls her tests, no one really knows if the information shared by @cruelsister is true or false. @cruelsister never has been objectively validated or confirmed as a security software expert or as a Comodo expert. By the way, not even Comodo has ever made any official acknowledgment of @cruelsister, validating @cruelsister's tests or information.
In this context, the allegation that @cruelsister is an expert, It is just a belief with no basis in reality, just based on "trust"... and remember, "trust" is a subjective matter.
People are free to share opinions, beliefs and their "trusts"... as long as they always remember the difference between "subjective" VS "objective".

2. I do love Comodo, and I used @cruelCF for a long time. When Comodo stopped updates, upgrades, and bugs weren't fixed... I stopped to use Comodo.
It's common sense, the fact I emotionally love @cruelsister and Comodo... it doesn't necessarily means I need to be a fanatic or a fanboy.
Yeah, no doubt, I'll test Comodo again, and I'll love to have @cruelCF again, but only after updates/upgrades.

Final words:
1. With all due respect, "experts" normally are not anonymous characters found in the normal open web posting free software tests. In real world, "experts" normally are known people working at big companies, or they are out-off-the-grid (anonymous but posting in the darkweb etc).
2. If Comodo containment were the panacea for security, all security software would have already incorporated (long time ago) this layer into their own software. The wheel is not invented... it is copied.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023

1. I love @cruelsister and I think she shared and she still shares amazing experiences (not just related to Comodo). However, I don't need to trust @cruelsister in order to enjoy @cruelsister.
@cruelsister is an anonymous character, no one knows her personally, her work is subjective, no one controls her tests, no one really knows if the information shared by @cruelsister is true or false. @cruelsister never has been objectively validated or confirmed as a security software expert or as a Comodo expert. By the way, not even Comodo has ever made any official acknowledgment of @cruelsister, validating @cruelsister's tests or information.
In this context, the allegation that @cruelsister is an expert, It is just a belief with no basis in reality, just based on "trust"... and remember, "trust" is a subjective matter.
People are free to share opinions, beliefs and their "trusts"... as long as they always remember the difference between "subjective" VS "objective".

2. I do love Comodo, and I used @cruelCF for a long time. When Comodo stopped updates, upgrades, and bugs weren't fixed... I stopped to use Comodo.
It's common sense, the fact I emotionally love @cruelsister and Comodo... it doesn't necessarily means I need to be a fanatic or a fanboy.
Yeah, no doubt, I'll test Comodo again, and I'll love to have @cruelCF again, but only after updates/upgrades.

Final words:
1. With all due respect, "experts" normally are not anonymous characters found in the normal open web posting free software tests. In real world, "experts" normally are known people working at big companies, or they are out-off-the-grid (anonymous but posting in the darkweb etc).
2. If Comodo containment were the panacea for security, all security software would have already incorporated (long time ago) this layer into their own software. The wheel is not invented... it is copied.
I'm sorry, but could you put one more @cruelsister in your post, she may not have been alerted :)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
@Decopi is expressing valid points and concerns about the software and is not a stalker. We’ve spoken.

Cruelsister’s skills of playing with malware are not under a question mark and I admit I have been stalking her (I stalk many of you on all threads to establish your reputation). She is not going around telling people to deploy Comodo.
From time to time Cruelsister’s posts have been inordinary let’s say.
I like the way she calls various highly-preached, endorsed and promoted Microsoft technologies/products with their real name (garbage), without sugar coating.

Unfortunately in her (Meghan if I am correct)’s videos, I don’t see any fantastic Comodo protection modules/abilities/technologies. I see some user-dependant firewall prompts and various other alerts that can be issued by loads of other products. I am not certain what exactly is being displayed there.

Nevertheless, this is effort and must be respected.

As to Comodo, we have discussed it on another thread. Let’s just say it’s far from brilliant.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
If we could all just ban the phrases "with all do respect," and "@cruelsister" in this thread that would be greeeeaaat, mmmkay. My eyes are starting to go croseed after reading this thread.
If you think your poor eyes are tired now, from these phrases, just wait till a heated Comodo discussion erupts. You’d wish you never had started it.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Although a very wise post and certainly well written, I kinda-sorta disagree with that point:
Melih Abdulhayoglu on LinkedIn: Comodo Firewall vs Malware Stealers
Nonetheless, even if the video content from time to time seems a bit unusual, I do really hope that no one feels my musical taste is sub-optimal.

Please, let me take the opportunity to thank you for sharing all your amazing experiences (including videos, comments, Comodo and not Comodo subjects etc).
Independently on your anonymous character, and whether you are a woman, man or any colorful gender, whether you are an expert or an amateur... I follow and enjoy each of your participation in different webpages. Thank you!

That said, the link you kindly shared, I don't consider it a Comodo official acknowledgment validating your tests and information (plural).
I mean, your shared experiences and affirmations can be counted by the number of hundreds. So, any Comodo official acknowledgment should be made, firstly in the name of Comodo itself, and secondly should be made extensively over all your tests and all your affirmations about Comodo.

I personally don't have that religious need to trust you, or to believe you're an expert, or Comodo recognizing you blah blah blah.
Again, I enjoy your shared experiences without all that mumbo jumbo.
Unfortunately fanboys and fanatics can't objectively accept your existence, and sadly they tend to overmystify your character (they do the same with Comodo), wrongly using your subjective stuff as an objective prove of Comodo perfection.
My disagreement never is against you, nor against Comodo. My disagreement is against fanboys and any kind of fanatic religious argument based on unproven "trust" (about Comodo or not Comodo). In simple words, any software with lot of unfixed bugs, without official Windows 11 compatibility, and without updates and upgrades... should not be touched.

Reactions: a090 and Trident

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Final words:

I invite you to check out my latest video on Comodo IS.
I had 2 BSOD during my test and especially 2 Ransomware that managed to completely encrypt my test machine while in Sandbox.

And "with all due respect" I'm also an appreciated and recognized tester on this forum, just like Cruelsister whom I admire a lot ;)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
In simple words, any software with lot of unfixed bugs, without official Windows 11 compatibility, and without updates and upgrades... should not be touched.
Well of course. Software that is hobby-project-alas, the CEO is telling you to “love it for what it is or install something else”, is not actively in maintenance — it is common sense to avoid it.

In some cases old, EOL software must be used, as this is the software that businesses use to do their day-to-day task and migrations is expensive.

But in the ocean of antiviruses (every time you turn around a new one pops up), there is absolutely 0 excuse to use sub-optimal software developed on hobby bases.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Okay after this group hug of Cruel Sister has anyone something to say about the problem posted being "Comodo Firewall component being ignored"

I think that's been solved, because CPF not officially supporting Windows 11. Without that there's really no point to using it.

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Okay after this group hug of Cruel Sister has anyone something to say about the problem posted being "Comodo Firewall component being ignored"
It’s been said times and times and times again, not sure how many times we will need to discuss the vast number of bugs in Comodo. This time it is apparently in the network filtering driver.

Reinstalling Comodo may fix the issue. Otherwise, other firewalls can be installed or, support may be seeked on Comodo’s forums.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I invite you to check out my latest video on Comodo IS.
I had 2 BSOD during my test and especially 2 Ransomware that managed to completely encrypt my test machine while in Sandbox.

And "with all due respect" I'm also an appreciated and recognized tester on this forum, just like Cruelsister whom I admire a lot ;)

Yeah @Shadowra , I saw your test the same day you posted it.
Firstly, thank you for your test!
I'm not an active participant in this forum, I read lot of posts, but I exceptionally make comments. I apologize for not commenting your post/test.

I also apologize if you felt diminished by my definition of "experts VS amateurs".
Again, I do enjoy opinions, tests and all kind of stuff in this forum.
My definition of "experts VS amateurs" is not meant to diminish or disqualified participants in this forum. It's just a way to help some participants to differentiate subjective trust from objective trust.

• Applause
Reactions: franz and Shadowra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.