Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Congratulations,VB test is a easy test to pass for the big vendors....failing a test is usually "a news" :p .. but since this is COMODO first "passed" test..Congratulations.

Complete results : VB - Windows XP Professional - April 2011 - http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/test?id=160

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Emsisoft - FAILED
EmsiSoft Anti-Malware

4 WildList Misses, 2 False Positive

Now That's A Surprise! :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good for Comodo and congratulations to others that pass the test.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Seems like CAV Is improving....as far as I know CAV also has a cloud feature built into it right/

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
But the cloud feature is also used for real time scaning or only for on-demand scaninG?

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
This is great, I'm using CIS right now so I feel sort of better because of this :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Last I used Comodo AV, their heuristics are set to Low. It is due to high FP rates?

What were the settings in this test?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well probably the heuristics are low cause due to the FP that can flagged.

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011
Just get ready for all the people who used the fact that Comodo wasn't VB certified against them to now turn around and say it doesn't matter:rolleyes:

EMET

Apr 23, 2011
ballader1 said:
Finally COMODO got a certificate lolz

If I'm not mistaken, Comodo has only been in the AV business for a couple years...since 2009?

It's pretty impressive.
Good for them.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not sure but comodo group was founded in 1998 so probably they have already in the business with firewall, AV and others.

Wikipedia

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Comodo's Antivirus Technology's doing pretty good even though it was just released years ago, They now have a massive malware database so that's pretty good too.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
CAV still has a huge false positive rate. CAV also suffers from too much user interaction. Malware removal should be automatic and not be left in the hands of the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.