Comodo Internet Security 2022 v12.2.3.8026 Released

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
They have released a new version, but this time there is no info about the new release on their forums, only on their website. strange.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Can some please share a link to the latest Firewall only offline installer? Thanks

The one on this website seems to be from 2021.

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Can some please share a link to the latest Firewall only offline installer? Thanks

They have not released fw only version yet. I suspect they might not release it any time soon.

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016

Install Comodo Internet Security 2022 and disable the components you don't need.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Install Comodo Internet Security 2022 and disable the components you don't need.
This is not a good solution for me. Thanks for the suggestion though I only want the Firewall installed and nothing else.
CIS.jpg

I rather just go back to my full BIS/BTS install rather than disabling components I don't want after they have been installed.

Edit
I am running a new windows install so wanted to try out CFW on its own before doing a BTS install which I already have subs for.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
For all those that use CF (obviously good looking intelligent Security Pros), note that so far a new build of CF has not been released as just the CIS Pro version (12.2.3.8026) is out- and with this one, unlike those in the past, does not allow the installation of only the Firewall.

But no rush as the current CF is just dandy the way it is., so let the rookies work through new builds

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
For all those that use CF (obviously good looking intelligent Security Pros), note that so far a new build of CF has not been released as just the CIS Pro version (12.2.3.8026) is out- and with this one, unlike those in the past, does not allow the installation of only the Firewall.

But no rush as the current CF is just dandy the way it is., so let the rookies work through new builds
Just want to confirm that CF build in the new CIS Pro version (12.2.3.8026) will be the same has running the CF offline setup linked in this support forum?

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Been using the updated version for a little while. There aren't really any changes apart from calling itself Pro now instead of Premium (tiny bit of UI) but no release notes at all. it's still free despite the change of name. The installer only gives CIS and ISE as the components but you can always just download the Firewall if that's what you use from here: Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year or their forum link.

There have been reassurances from devs that work is being done on the various bugs but no roadmap or timescale. But Comodo has always relied on Containment. Signatures aren't everything in terms of detection and a lot of it's bult in features protect you well, particularly with @cruelsister 's config.

I've been using it for a few months this year and off and on since CFW 2.0 but I do think there needs to be some regular development/communication. Comodo is out in testing world in Enterprise products primarily so Enterprise products seem to be their priority. I get frustrated when there is lack of any news and with no update for over a year is disconcerning though I believe it's default-deny / containment technology. My alternative setup is with @Andy Ful 's Hard_Configurator which is another form of defaul-deny though MD is heavier on my system.

Anyway, a bit off topic there. Updated version is as far as we know just UI to CIS Pro. No information on the CFW element being updated so far.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
P.S. there are Light versions and Full versions of CIS's database. One is about half the size or less of the other and the light version is enabled by default but you can download the full version simply by changing the option to Use Full Signature base in settings though I've heard this can affect performance a little.
1650203402578.png

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Seems that the difference between the new CIS Pro (12.2.3.8026) and the former CIS Premium is the inclusion of Geek Buddy and that CIS Pro requires licensing (with a 30 day free trial). After the 30 days and the absence of a license key a popup will present informing the user that the trial has expired. One can then either input a license key or click an option to downgrade to the free version (CIS Premium 12.2.3.8026) which is done both seamlessly and immediately.

In the brief dance I've had with this new version I haven't noted any differences in neither the sandbox, script analysis nor the firewall versus the current CF build (12.2.2.8012). As I consider these things being the strength of Comodo, "New" in this case really only means different and not superior. My suggestion for those just wanting CF is to stay with the current CF and wait for an official upgrade path.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
To be fair it would be best to leave everything at default. Regarding Containment, the difference between default level and my preferred Restricted is really too subtle (and too inconsequential) to be appreciated in a quick test. Athough you may choose to disable the HIPS as it could be a pain to deal with depending on how you would test (also even my cat can bypass HIPS modules, so no great loss there).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.