App Review COMODO Internet Security 8 - (Test)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I've been wondering whether to go with Avast or Comodo. Which would you recommend?
Comodo is much stronger but you need to tweak it and learn how to use it.
Also, IMO you should couple it with a decent anti-virus (must be an AV without firewall and HIPS, to avoid conflicts).
So the truth is, you could do both: Avast free, plus Comodo free.
But to get maximum benefit from Comodo, tweak it like CruelSister says.
EDIT: she has a thread about it, read the thread (not just the first post) and you are set.
Regarding Comodo

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@MalwareTester
you wrote: "I was talking about Commodores AV not firewall."

The free version of comodo internet security comes with a cloud-based anti-virus that is so-so at best, and can be coupled with a traditional anti-virus (but double-check on that point. I personally don't have the AV component installed at all).
The free version includes the powerful firewall/sandbox/HIPS components.
The thing that makes Comodo great is not the AV component. It is the autosandbox feature that makes it a winner, plus a robust HIPS for those so inclined.
EDIT: so the bottom line is: if you are going for comodo for the AV, and you will turn off the other stuff, don't go that way. Avast is better in the AV department.

1qay1qay

Level 1
Verified
Apr 17, 2016
i also dont understood youre otherways good video since is in french .... did you get any infestion at the end ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.