And set HIPS to "Allow Requests"

Clipboard03.png

And in Antivirus settings set "Quarantine Threats"

Clipboard04.png

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
To think I would have removed Kaspersky to install a security suite that is going know where - I don't know why Melih just does not give-up.

Reactions: nissimezra

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hi Guys- last month I discovered a fairly critical issue with the Comodo 8 sandbox. A file was constructed that would spawn a payload daughter which would then enumerate all files in the directory where the parent malware resides and would then delete all of these files. Note that these actions occurred even though both the parent and daughter were contained in the Sandbox (with Comodo 8, Full V is the default setting).

can be a configuration problem?

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I am very happy to write that I was totally incorrect (WRONG) in my earlier statement that the flaw previously reported was not fixed. I re-coded the malware to seek out files in other directories and noticed that the process was stopped and no harm done. So as the malicious activity seemed to be specific to the Downloads directory the answer was then pretty obvious- this particular directory is included in Shared Space, so various processes by a given file are allowed here but will still be contained (no systemic changes possible).

Proof of this was straightforward- Opening the Sandbox settings and Removing the downloads directory from the Shared Space prevents that which I was UNJUSTIFIABLY WHINING about. Comodo Rocks, and I apparently do not.

Whom the Gods would Destroy They first make Proud...

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I installed Comodo 8 on my old laptop an it slowed it down (even though it has 16GB of RAM), Google Chrome would not connect, OutLook 365 would not connect and crashed twice. I never tested any malware etc., but all I can say is extremely poor result and terrible piece of software. I would like Melih to answer such questions, but then he has fixed 200+ bugs ;)

I

illumination

I installed Comodo 8 on my old laptop an it slowed it down (even though it has 16GB of RAM), Google Chrome would not connect, OutLook 365 would not connect and crashed twice. I never tested any malware etc., but all I can say is extremely poor result and terrible piece of software. I would like Melih to answer such questions, but then he has fixed 200+ bugs ;)
I would look for other issues that could result in this happening, i have CIS8 running in Virtualbox windows 7 Guest machine "only 4 gig of ram dedicated" on Linux, and it is running just fine, matter of fact, i tweaked all the settings, like setting Firewall to custom, ect and still smooth as can be.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I suppose it depends on each individual system, that's why some experience bugs, whilst others do not. But considering it's running Windows 8.1, only has office 365 and Google Chrome installed with all the latest updates; then I don't know what is doing it.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
illumination you may also like to view Comodo Forum and see the bugs people are reporting, how insecure default settings are and the file submission bug is still there (you do surprise me).

Reactions: nissimezra
I

illumination

(you do surprise me).
Why do i surprise you?
I am a member of at Comodo forums, and have been keeping up, with the same ole same ole..
I want to remind you that CIS and VIrtualbox have a history together of not playing well with each other, and the fact that i have it installed in VB, and this was probably the smoothest installation i have ever seen out of CIS including tweaking the settings, was what i had referred too, but one also has to remember, this was on a clean windows 7 that had not had any other security on it prior to CIS installation.

Now i have not tested default settings with a malware pack yet, as i was first testing stability/usability.

I do know all systems are different, and understand what works for one may not for another, i was simply trying to say, before chucking a verdict, look around, see if there is not something else causing you this issue.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
When u know what ur doing and tweak it to the right settings its one of the best full suits out there. And a big + its free, not like other full suits. Nothing to complain here about comodo on my end. The only thing i dont like is the low detection rate, but thats not a big deal, they even say itself "prevention before detection" and a new engine is alwrdy in work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.