App Review COMODO Internet Security by bbbbweb

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
RE: Tests

There is already a section for community reviews. No need for a separate section on just Comodo reviews. Overdoing it I say.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

Dieselman said:
There is already a section for community reviews. No need for a separate section on just Comodo reviews. Overdoing it I say.

I don't over do it;Don't see any in the sector you meantion.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

Yep, all video reviews of security products go in the Video Reviews Thread. Don't know why no-one posted a CIS review yet... probably because CIS is well known among the members of our forum. Anyway, this will be the first one. I'll move the thread, hope this won't upset you.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
No voice over.....................I despise silent videos. Every single alert involved user interaction. Having the antivirus with an option "clean" or "ignore" is very dangerous in the hands of a noob. Also using IE 7 or IE 6 in today's world is not necessary when most people are on IE 8/9 or another browser. It would be nice if one day CIS could be made user friendly.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nicely done,Comodo manage to build a solid security suite.The antivirus has a really improved,in this video most of the malware was stoped by the antivirus engine.As a side note I must say that COMODO really improved their whitelist...so now you'll have even less pop-ups with CIS :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Comodo AV was definitely improved especially their cloud feature from detecting those threats.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Comodo's antivirus now appears to be one of the best despite it's relatively young age.
Dieselman said:
No voice over.....................I despise silent videos. Every single alert involved user interaction. Having the antivirus with an option "clean" or "ignore" is very dangerous in the hands of a noob. Also using IE 7 or IE 6 in today's world is not necessary when most people are on IE 8/9 or another browser. It would be nice if one day CIS could be made user friendly.
I also despise silent videos.
I agree that 'clean' (delete) and ignore are two very dangerous buttons that should not be the default.
I think that the default buttons should be 'cure' (attempt to roll back the file to a point before it contained malicious code) and Quarantine.
Even better, the actions cure and quarantine should be automatic. (Not including the suppress alerts, I like to know what is happening in my computer)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I agree with auto-quarantine infected files (as Dieselman suggested). Don't get me wrong, CIS is a great product, I've used it and I'll probably use it again (either CIS or avast + Comodo Firewall) but there is still room for improvements when it comes to novice-friendliness.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
bogdan said:
I agree with auto-quarantine infected files (as Dieselman suggested). Don't get me wrong, CIS is a great product, I've used it and I'll probably use it again (either CIS or avast + Comodo Firewall) but there is still room for improvements when it comes to novice-friendliness.

I have advised Comodo to make to two option normal and Advance where normal should make it as easy as possible, and advance where CIS is as it currently is.

Comodo needs the users help in order to improve their GUI.

Regards,
Valentin N

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
I have also adviced a cpu manager so that cmdagent never uses more than allowed.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
" 'clean' (delete) and ignore" buttons are there because COMODO Antivirus isn't mature enough,once this antivirus will be more solid I'm sure that those buttons will be removed. ;) ...but for now ,due to the possible FP's it's better to have the "clean and ignore buttons"

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Mature enough..............Come on now. Its been over 2 years now. So what Comodo is saying is that they are not so positive in there malware detection they leave it up to the user? Whatever. Comodo will never change especially when Melih is behind the wheel.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes if only the settings default with Comodo AV will be applied Quarantine then when it failed to do so its only time will be delete.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
ahh but to make a good antivirus you need time.....as you saw in the video ,COMODO is on the right path with their Antivirus..They've added cloud detection and just a few days ago they got their first VB100..... I've got a good feeling about this....
I've said this before : everytime I look at COMODO I see improvements..

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Jack..................................Look back at Comodo firewall 2.4 which I was a big fan of. Comodo Firewall 3.0 came out and everyone was upset cause now it was no longer user friendly and produced tons of pop ups. Now 4 years later Comodo firewall is still too complex for the average user and still has way too many pop ups. Comodo has definitely improved CIS but until they make it user friendly it will never be main stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.