App Review Comodo Internet Security Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
H

hjlbx

The keylogger test failure does not surprise.

I have this nagging feeling that if all the top rated AVs were thoroughly, they would all fail.

However, Comodo states the anti-keylogger protections are only active in the Virtual Kiosk.

He tested it on the desktop.

So the effectiveness of Comodo's anti-keylogger\screen\clipboard capture protections is undetermined.

There was a lot of queries regarding this feature on the Comodo forums.

I think Comodo's explanation was essentially "it's protected (in the VK)."

Not very reassuring. :cool:

R

rocky

The test program the keylogger came out of went straight to the sandbox on my system with CFW ,I'm not at all concerned.:rolleyes:

Reactions: cruelsister

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It doesn't matter what a keylogger does locally, but is of concern only if it can transmit out which it couldn't do with proper settings in place).

For example, it doesn't matter if your little brother reads your diary as long as you murder him prior to his blabbing about it.

Reactions: rocky

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.