Product name
Comodo Rescue Disk Review
Pros
  • 1. FREE

2. Only 50 MB Download

3. Removed the Ransomware

4. Easy to Use
CONS
1. Still a lot of infections left behind!
BOTTOM LINE
According to my video, if you are looking for a rescue cd to remove a ransomware, then I would recommend this to you, but if you are looking for a rescue disk to remove a ransomware and clean the infected PC, then I would not recommend this.
M

MalwareT

If you were used VBox before, how did you mounted disc's ISO ? Anyway, great review.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
If you were used VBox before, how did you mounted disc's ISO ? Anyway, great review.

I stopped using virtualbox because of 2 really annoying bugs and also, not a lot of programs work in vbox, for example, there was like 5 rescue disks that would not work in virtualbox. Since I switched to vmware, I havnt got a single problem running rescue disk's. I always liked vmware more, but I got used to vbox because of linux!lol

ANYWAYS, I put the iso under "CD/DVD" when you right click on the vm that you created and click settings and I put a tick mark on "Use Image Iso File." Vmware and Vbox should be similar the way I did it in vmware. This is probably all confusing, can you wait for a video that I will create soon, eaither today or tomorrow?

Reactions: MalwareT
M

MalwareT

I stopped using virtualbox because of 2 really annoying bugs and also, not a lot of programs work in vbox, for example, there was like 5 rescue disks that would not work in virtualbox. Since I switched to vmware, I havnt got a single problem running rescue disk's. I always liked vmware more, but I got used to vbox because of linux!lol

ANYWAYS, I put the iso under "CD/DVD" when you right click on the vm that you created and click settings and I put a tick mark on "Use Image Iso File." Vmware and Vbox should be similar the way I did it in vmware. This is probably all confusing, can you wait for a video that I will create soon, eaither today or tomorrow?

Whenever you want ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.