"Confirm that you are not a robot" notification problem

Infected operating system
Mojave Version 10.14.5
Infected device issues
Frequent notification alerts about various threats and actions that should be taken. Access to internet not affected.
Browser extensions
None.

Concerned

Thread author
Jul 16, 2023
Hi,

I unfortunately clicked that "I am not a robot" that appears so frequently on the internet. Now frequent alerts appear in my notification about viruses and various actions and links that I should follow. I delete these alerts. However, I can not make them stop. I followed all of your tips but could not find any evidence of malware. I downloaded your free antivirus program for Macs, and it said my system was clean. I have an older MacBook Pro using Safari and Firefox. My internet access does not seem affected. Do you have any advice? Thanks.

Regards,
Alan

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
To remove permission for a malicious website to send notifications in Safari on macOS, follow these steps:

1. Open Safari on your Mac.
  2. Click on the Safari menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Preferences" from the dropdown menu.
  4. Click on the "Websites" tab at the top of the Preferences window.
  5. In the left sidebar, click on "Notifications."
  6. Select each website from the list and click on "Remove" to revoke its permission to send notifications.
  7. Next, uncheck "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications".

Deny-Notifications-Safari.png
Let me know if you still see those pop-ups.

Concerned

Thread author
Jul 16, 2023
Hi Jack. I sent you a message in "conversation form". It seems that I have resolved the problem. See the conversation for details. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.