Create a BACK UP Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
I was, just now, quite surprised. I typed into the 'search' box for forums solely on 'back up', and put in numerous terms... 'computer back up, back up my computer, videos on 'how to' (back up my computer, back up programs, and plenty that might have pulled up more information and hopefully, tutorials. I basically got nothing. Found a forum by donetao, and no more.

Many, many forums and staff and just about everyone on MT suggests do a 'system restore' and back ups now, before a Crypto- infection or other infection... yet no tutorials.

As a novice, a barely basic beginner, I have stated here that I was lost before the word 'go'... and I am sure I am not the only one. If I had done that once or twice, it would be less daunting, and I would know how to, and would know how to answer some simple question a program is asking me, such as...'do you want to ...?include this or exclude that?.. but right now, I don't know.

Most of the articles I can find lose a beginner like me at first click.

Could MT allocate a forum to only backups? Find all back up programs, tutorials, information ...here?

Just a thought. I can go online and try to see what it is that is losing me or scaring me, or what I need to buy to have on hand to accomplish task... such as a ..??USB or ... ? thumb drive? or CD's or DVD's? or what is needed. Di I just send everything to a cloud? No...

Heard mirror images don't always work, and I know (as a raw beginner) that if there is a way to mess up the procedure- I'll find it!!!

Back up is so completely critical, yet if there was a poll or a survey, I bet so many 'basic' members or beginners haven't done it.

Reactions: LabZero

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Thank you.
Let's break this down further, for beginners: what is a partition?

How should I have searched? What did you type in, that I didn't? How simple is it for a new person to find, in MT?

Is this the only one? Why isn't staff, or those who are trusted members, those who have expertise, those who all new people look to for directions and guidance, putting up: Back up, help: here! System restore guidance and 'how to's' ..here.

Again, even though it has been put to me that I did not search well enough, I searched as well as any determined person might, and especially, as well as any NEW person might, with limited knowledge.

I will suggest again, that there is a heading with this available. HOW TO BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER. HOW TO MAKE RESTORE a sub topic, under 'how to' video' or a complete stand alone forum.

Last edited:

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
How many times are we going to see:

What should I go with Eset, Kaspersky or Vipre?....

Avast Posts 51 Percent Revenue Growth in 2014; Adds Nearly 30 Million New Users

A MILLION Chrome users' data was sent to ONE dodgy IP address

Search Results for Query: Anti virus About 20 this week...

People need this basic help line.

Back up and restore should be easy to spot and clearly shown, with videos and a multitude of suggestions. ( can't get the bold off of this sentence. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.