Not open for further replies.

savit

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 9, 2011
Free Community Tool: CrowdInspect
Download

CrowdInspect : Host-based tool detects untrusted network-active processes

CrowdInspect is a free community tool for Microsoft Windows systems from CrowdStrike aimed to help alert you to the presence of potential malware that communicates over the network that may exist on your computer. It is a host-based process inspection tool utilizing multiple sources of information, including VirusTotal, Web of Trust (WOT), and Team Cymru's Malware Hash Registry to detect untrusted or malicious network-active processes. CrowdInspect can be used during Incident Response process to rapidly identify potential malicious running processes on a machine.

The tool runs on both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows from XP and above.

scy7d6cFxA4wyF8-_I8am3BVGaJEsnnJ4CBMMY-I37BvbKJGD_0RPsFkw1-foFj-0TfyBu8Xh3NJus1wuZEH6R1g3zfTdTW2xfhHebCSs_yDHINmT3ZN_HMpKw

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
VERY promising! Thank you savit!

Article by Robin Keir, software developer, of K9 Automatic spam email filtering for POP3 email - above all ..
K9 download home page Keir.net: http://www.keir.net/k9.html

.. so we are the confidence on this new CrowdInspect 1.0 tool .. then at your downloads ..

I make my download, and get my impressions here ..

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
It's Portable tool, perfect!

CrowdInspect.zip : 221 KB.

CrowdStrike Enhanced Network Status Application :

Click on the executable in the folder (at your choice):
CrowdInspect.exe v1.0.0.0 : 478 KB. Working Set: 8.81 MB
- or for Windows 32-bit : on 32-bit version executable: CrowInspect32.exe v1.0.0.0 : 188 KB. Working Set : 8.43 MB

Extremely interesting tool, I adopted.

EDIT: -I see its executable, that has remote connection, state: Established.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
NEW version of CrowdInspect : v1.0.0.1 - download link in the first topic's post, please.

CrowdInspect.zip : 237 KB.

CrowdStrike Enhanced Network Status Application :

I have two executables in the folder:
CrowdInspect.exe v1.0.0.1 (which extract your appropriated Windows version) : 510 KB.
- or for Windows 32-bit : 32-bit version executable:
CrowInspect32.exe v1.0.0.1 : 196 KB. Working Set : 8.38 MB

Very interesting BIG portable tool ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.