App Review Crystal Security 2014 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Y

yigido

Thread author
D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
It's using VirusTotal and Comodo, where is malware1 to Attack them ? :D (joke)

I have takken a look and as can i see the developer stoped working on it but i'm not sure, and It's look like a anti-malware made by one person.

Thanks Manzai for the review
Crystal Security is FREE. Your not allowed to use VirusTotal in paid products. Again, I repeat, Crystal Security is free.

Also, you started Tiranium as a single developer...

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
I know, but the developer doesn't say these services are not used. He doesn't lie like you.

The results of private session shown that i'm not lying.
Thank you to not discuss about that on this thread.

Crystal Security is FREE. Your not allowed to use VirusTotal in paid products. Again, I repeat, Crystal Security is free.

Also, you started Tiranium as a single developer...

Tiranium is Free too, Nobody need to pay to use it.
Did i say that he is bad or others?
I respect the work of others not like you.

Also, i have takken a look in the codes, he use an public API

// CrystalSecurity.Main
public string APIKey = "REMOVED//M1";

This means it's not a private API, it's limited.
I invit the users of this software to manually scan files because the résult of real-time take a lot time to arrive.
I'll try to contact the developer for a partnership, It's really good on memory, very small.

Here is the official website (I love the design) : http://crystalsecurity.eu

Reactions: soinvisage
D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author

I invit the users of this software to manually scan files because the résult of real-time take a lot time to arrive.
I'll try to contact the developer for a partnership, It's really good on memory, very small.

So you reversed engineered his code? Who knows, maybe you didn't even code Tiranium. You probably just stole the codes by reverse engineering. I mean, if you have permission to use peoples work then okay, but just reverse engineering it and looking... And possibly using... That's just too far.

I love the design of his website too. Did you hack that as well, check his CSS too? Lol.

I bet you learnt to connect to VirusTotal by his source code. I bet. I mean, I might be wrong but I doubt it. You probably have it all loaded in the taskbar for a quick sneak peak all the time.

I appreciate people's work, I just find Tiranium a bit dodgy. Your marketing techniques are horrible, and the way you ask for donations. I think the last time I used Tiranium it was a bit of nagware, asking me all the time to donate with popups. I mean for god sake, if it's free, leave it free. I appreciate most people's work to be honest. I always give nice feedback to almost everyone on this forum when I can, and if I can't sometimes I just leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author

Please, don't contact the developer. It would be sad to see another company with potential to end up going downhill and failing.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I know, but the developer doesn't say these services are not used. He doesn't lie like you.

Please Dubseven,Malware1's comment was in response to your comment in this post http://malwaretips.com/threads/crystal-security-2014-manzaitest.29429/#post-220831 which I edited and removed that comment.We asked that this end in the forums.The comment edited by me is no longer visible but you know what it was.

Reactions: Dani Santos

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I don't really care about the Private Session. You could have edited the source code, edited a duplicate, or used another PC with a edited source code. There's so many possibilities it's impossible to see if you are lying or not. We'll never know. But based on Malware1 analysis, I know what to think, no matter what the results outcome from other members on this website. And, I neither think the Dr web was a coincidence. I can think what I like to think. But hey ho, whatever.

I saw in the source code of Tiranium IS 2014 that the URL scanner uses VirusTotal. Dubseven didn't show us any of the PHP files on the proxy server (Tiranium connects to its proxy server to get a VT report), I assume the stealing is here. I saw too many evidence, now you should stop lying.

How do you know he uses public API? You can't check that.

I'm not sure if VirusTotal would allow such use of their service, but the developer at least tells the true and doesn't hide VirusTotal is used to detect malware.

Reactions: Koroke San

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
I saw in the source code of Tiranium IS 2014 that the URL scanner uses VirusTotal. Dubseven didn't show us any of the PHP files on the proxy server (Tiranium connects to its proxy server to get a VT report), I assume the stealing is here. I saw too many evidence, now you should stop lying.

@Cowpipe seen the source-code of the PHP and databases after everyone gone. If you was a little less aggressive, you can get answers to all of your questions.

How do you know he uses public API? You can't check that.

I'm not sure if VirusTotal would allow such use of their service, but the developer at least tells the true and doesn't hide VirusTotal is used to detect malware.

I have the source-code and i contacted him for a partnership, if i get more infos. about VirusTotal use, i'll send you a private message.

Thanks,
I suggest to not more pollute the thread of Manzai with that,
Best Regards,

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
If you are going to integrate VirusTotal as simply a cloud AV scanner neither the private nor the public API can be used for that purpose:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/about/best-practices/
It would be extremely unfair and unethical to build an antivirus-competing product using the technology of your competitors. This said, if you were to approach the integration differently there could be some room for collaboration.

- You should not use VirusTotal to scan any random file, just files matching certain criteria, e.g. they are unknown, they lie in a given set of file types, they are registered in certain specific registry keys for autolaunching upon reboot, etc.

- You will not only check hashes but also upload files that are unknown to us, that way the rest of the antivirus industry will benefit from your uploads as they will get faster access to new unknown threats.

- VirusTotal will not be the main detection engine of your antivirus, neither will it be the one weighing the most in your score set. You will have your own signatures/heuristics/behavioural detections and VirusTotal will just be a supplement for the user for very specific cases.

- VirusTotal should not be integrated in the PRO version of your program but rather in both, VirusTotal should not be a reason to attract paying customers.

In other words, VirusTotal should be conceived as an add-on to your own technology, pretty much like Hitman does and you should be providing files in order to help the antivirus industry.

When I contacted VirusTotal a while ago about using VirusTotal on antivirus program this was the answer. I am not going to say nothing more. Do not reply to this please.

Reactions: Malware1
D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author

But Tiranium Internet Security isn't free. (premium).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.