Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
SolidRun CuBoxTV - http://www.solid-run.com/cuboxtv/

"When Kodi v14 support was announced for the i.MX6 in September, SolidRun says it partnered with OpenELEC and Yatse, which makes a Kodi/XMBC remote control interface for Android devices, to develop the CuBoxTV. With its four Cortex-A9 cores and GC2000 GPU, the i.MX6 Quad enables the CuBoxTV to provide 1080p multi-format decoding and encoding with an over 100Mbps decoding bit rate, That’s “almost twice the highest transfer bit rate of Blu-ray,” says SolidRun. The i.MX6 also supports OpenGL/ES 2.0 and OpenCL 1.1.

The CuBoxTV’s specs and 2.0 x 2.0 x 2.0 dimensions closely match those of the original CuBox. However, SolidRun has stripped out the CuBox’s WiFi and Bluetooth connections, so the device depends on the gigabit Ethernet port for both local networking and Internet access. Mobile remote access is available through the Android-only Yatse interface."

Source: http://linuxgizmos.com/tiny-quad-core-media-player-runs-kodi-xbmc-openelec-linux/

Ioq9ldT.png

*TV not included.

Hardware Specifications
  • Processor — Freescale i.MX6 Quad (4x Cortex A9 cores @ 1GHz-1.2GHz); GC2000 GPU (OpenGL/ES 2.0, OpenCL 1.1)
  • Memory/storage:
    • 1GB RAM 1066MHz, 64-bit
    • 8GB flash
    • MicroSD slot
  • Networking — gigabit Ethernet port (limited to 470Mbps)
  • Other I/O:
    • 2x USB 2.0 host
    • HDMI 1.4b
    • Optical audio SPDIF out
    • Optical TOSLINK
    • Infra-red receiver
  • Video decoding — MPEG-4 ASP, XVID, H.264 HP, H.263, MPEG-2 MP, MJPEG BP, VP8, Sorenson-H263
  • Video encoding — MPEG-4 SP, H.264 BP, H.263, MJPEG BP
  • Audio decoding — AAC, MP3, Vorbis, FLAC, audio encoder SBC, MP3
  • Audio encoding — SBC, MP3
  • Image codecs — PEG, BMP, GIF, PNG
  • Power — 5V; 5.5mm power jack
  • Weight 9.9 oz (281 g)
  • Dimensions — 55 x 55 x 42mm (2 x 2 x 2 inches)
  • Operating system — OpenELEC Linux with Kodi and Yatse remote UI

Reactions: illumination
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.