Desktops Show Off!

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
My XFCE Ubuntu desktop. Very similar like my Arch Linux desktop.
gTv6idE.jpg

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Another Linux Mint MATE user. :D

BLBMRTY.jpg

1080p wallpaper link for people who want it. :)

The best motivational wallpaper that I've ever seen. Line 7 and 10 are my favorite. I live for line 10, and doing my best to put line 7 into action. I'm currently still dealing with the wolves. lol Another thing I just noticed for some reason is that the MATE environment looks similar to Xfce. I might try it out.

Reactions: Sloth

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
I used to be a Xfce fan. Ran Xfce 4.10 for almost 3 years and then switched to MATE 1.8 (previous versions were buggy). Now LM MATE 17.2 ships with MATE 1.10 and its perfect.

There isn't much difference between Xfce 4.12 & MATE 1.10. Both will give similar performance and a new Linux user wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Xfce & MATE as Linux Mint team heavily customize their distro. I went with MATE as it was released first. :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.