dryunder's configration

flamingos222

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2012
Great config! I would add these applications just in case :)
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • HitmanPro
I've never heard of " Cloud Security ZERO". Could you describe it in more detail? Have a nice day!;)

Thank you for advice!

Cloud Security ZERO is a internet security software that selling in Japan. It's seems to based on eScan Internet Security Suite with cloud.

U9o2jg0.png

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Your config is good buti want to make a suggestion.
Add a password manager like LastPass which is free to secure your passwords when you are online.
Thanks for sharing your config.

p.s.:The interface looks a lot like eScan.

flamingos222

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2012
No more question on your AV :) since its based on Escan then the engine may also included BD for signatures so expect for good protection.

Anyway good configuration.

Thank you. I feel Cloud Security ZERO is good software but have a bit lot of false positive on web protection. Youtube has blocked previously:D

Reactions: tonibalas

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration, dryunder.:) It looks good.
Among the very first free software apps recommended to me when I'd first joined MalwareTips, besides LastPass, was Sandboxie.
If you don't know what a sandbox does, it's similar in the way a VM provides a layer of protection similar to that of a raincoat when you step out into the rain. All the wetness that accumulates on your coat is deflected and rendered temporary, so when you remove your coat you are dry underneath. Likewise, deleting the sandbox which encloses your browser deletes all changes including additions and updates. This protects your system from unwanted changes while clicking, and it is free.;)
Keep in mind when updating browsers or adding extensions to do these outside the sandbox.:)

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

Hi @dryunder

I recently changed adblock for ublock , which is lighter and more powerful

upload_2015-1-25_9-47-21.png

ublock 67, Adblock Plus 56. Ghostery 12 crawlers

Otherwise I would recommend only Wot , works fine reputation warning page that you visit and Ghostery to prevent crawlers and thus enjoy a more private and fast navigation .

Thanks for sharing

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.