E-police (HTC ONE S) issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kieran shaw F1

Thread author
Mar 27, 2015
Hello, im here to ask (like most) about malware. And how to remove it.

So at about 10.40pm on the 25th march. I opened my phone to find my phone was infected with E-police malware, so i panicked and jumped on to the web. Finding my malware word for word, and picture for picture.

I can unlock my phone but thats it, i have taken my sim card out as a precaution, and changed alot my passwords on the xbox one internet. oh also my phone is a 2012 HTC ONE S. (UK) it wasa broken volume button which doesnt work. And i know little to nothing about computers and how to resolve this issues.

Will this issue effect or delete any stuff like photos, videos etc ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , and thank you for reading.

Kieran.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

kieran shaw F1

Thread author
Mar 27, 2015
Ok thank you. I will try and see if this works tomorrow as thats the earliest i can use my friends laptop. Thank you once again, and i will notify you of what happens.

kieran shaw F1

Thread author
Mar 27, 2015
for some reason, I downloaded the Avast software. But for some reason on the notification bar it says.

error while downloading "Avast"..... (the rest of the text goes off the screen and I cant view it).
"Avast ransomware removal" could not.... (the rest of the text goes off the screen and I cant view it).

sigh.
when I was trying to download this from the laptop. google play store said when I was on the screen to download it. "no carrier HTC HTC ONE S" ?

Again any ideas on what this issue is, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No carrier, either it hasn't found / connected to the mobile network or you haven't a SIM card in phone.

You removed the SIM card?

Reactions: kieran shaw F1

kieran shaw F1

Thread author
Mar 27, 2015
I removed the sim card yes, but I put it into the phone and unplugged it and connected it again, and it still says it. and my pone is on the same wifi as this laptop as well. I'm locked out so much I can't change any of the settings. :(

I was looking online and I need to change my USB settings on my phone I believe. but I can't get into my phones settings...

kieran shaw F1

Thread author
Mar 27, 2015
No luck. Im gonna have to take my SD card out for the pictures videos etc. Can you do that on a 2012 HTC ONE S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.