Elias Amr's Config

D

Deleted member 21043

Hi there @Elias Amr,

Firstly, I recommend you get some On-Demand Scanners for your system. For example, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free), ESET Online Scanner, HitmanPro, Zemana Anti-Malware, HerdProtect,... (Just make sure not to use all of those maybe 2 On-Demand).

Have you thought about getting any backup software? Backup software is useful in the case of an incident. For example, say your system one day becomes infected and some files become infected. If you had a backup of those files stored away safely, you'd be able to use that backup to get the original, non-infected files back. Other cases may be related to if you ever end up in an incident where Windows fails to boot, where a object is accidentally removed and cannot be restored from file recovery software,...

I see you are using Google Chrome from your configuration for the Web Browser you use. Have you got any extensions on Google Chrome? I recommend using an Adblocker and HTTPS Everywhere. HTTPS Everywhere is good for security, due to the encryption. For the Adblocker, I recommend taking a look at uBlock. I am a user of uBlock myself on Google Chrome currently, and it is working very well to give me an Advertisement-free experience. You can also toggle the settings to make it better.

If you have any issues with uBlock for one reason or another, you could look into using Adguard for your Adblocker. I have also used Adguard in the past; my experience with it was good. However, I do find uBlock to perform more effectively.

You may want to look into some cleaning and optimistion software. Examples of a common and well known cleaning software I know of is CCleaner. I also know that Privazer is promoted a lot through other members, maybe you might like to look into this software, too.

You can download CCleaner from the following link: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

You can download Privazer from the following link:
http://privazer.com/download.php (please note, I do recommend watching out when using PrivaZer. Cleaning/optimisation software can do bad instead of worse if incorrectly used, therefore I recommend skipping PrivaZer and using CCleaner).

It's good to see you are using User Account Control. I do see people who have turned it off; make sure to always keep it enabled - it's good for security, no matter what people tell you.

Hope I helped. :)

Cheers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Most users should use the recommended settings for Windows Update. Install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7, if you haven't already.

upload_2015-3-31_18-13-55.png

Mod Edit: Changed users' thread title to reflect contents of topic.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Optional suggestion: Prior of shared account, if you want everything have permission for downloading and executing programs then you should activate Guest Account/Limited User Account so that aware of any changes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.