Elon claims to be working on TruthGPT

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Elon Musk says he’s working on “TruthGPT,” a ChatGPT alternative that acts as a “maximum truth-seeking AI.” The billionaire laid out his vision for an AI rival during an interview with Fox News’s Tucker Carlson, saying an alternative approach to AI creation was needed to avoid the destruction of humanity.

“I’m going to start something which I call TruthGPT or a maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe,” Musk said. “And I think this might be the best path to safety in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe.”

Musk framed TruthGPT as a course correction to OpenAI, the AI software nonprofit he helped found, which has since begun operating a for-profit subsidiary. Musk implied that OpenAI’s profit incentives could potentially interfere with the ethics of the AI models that it creates and positioned “TruthGPT” as a more transparent option.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
It appears that the domain AI.com, which once redirected users to ChatGPT, now leads to the website for Elon Musk's newly formed AI company xAI, only several months after OpenAI CEO Sam Altman apparently bought the domain earlier this year. The change was first spotted by Analytics India Magazine on Wednesday, leaving everybody guessing at what's going on behind the scenes. While the domain broker Saw.com more or less implied to Mashable that OpenAI were the once-owners of AI.com in February, its ownership was never outright confirmed. This latest change of hands, meanwhile, has gone without so much as a peep.

Whoever bought it — a good guess is Musk — it couldn't have been cheap. Short domains are both few in number and prohibitively expensive, and it's likely that this purchase was upwards of several millions of dollars. As the richest man in the world with a singular fondness for a certain letter of the alphabet, Musk already owns several one letter domains including X.ai and the even rarer X.com. We wouldn't put it past him to nab another one of these domain rarities, especially if it means getting a leg up on — or giving a big F-you to — his old chums at OpenAI.

Ever since the chatbot became a global and cultural sensation, Musk has amped up his criticisms of Altman and OpenAI, accusing its flagship product of being "woke." The multi-billionaire magnate openly flirted with making an anti-"woke" AI, and in July announced his formation of X.ai, vowing in his classic bozo-philosophizing parlance, "to understand the true nature of the universe."

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Perhaps the Truth is that the old statement about Coding still applies: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Yes, AI Models Can Get Worse over Time
I am constantly solving problems on algorithms, programming, compilation theory and graphs with ChatGPT and at least I can say that ChatGPT 4 is much better than ChatGPT 3.5, up to the point that sometimes 3.5 is not even able to understand the task, when 4 version generates a certain solution, although most often also with errors, if we talk about formal languages and automata. The rest of the article looks like water ... Even if a living person is given wrong information all the time, he will become dumber. What is not obvious here?

“I’m going to start something which I call TruthGPT or a maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe,” Musk said. “And I think this might be the best path to safety in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe.”

I think the man thinks that strong artificial intelligence has already been created. A truth-seeking generative model sounds awesome. :ROFLMAO:

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Truth(R)GPT

(R) truth according to Elon. Knowing that he is a far right conspiracy nut that will be fun to see.

We already have truthGPT it's called Truth Social, most of the followers are Russian bots.

The average user of Elon"s Truth GPT within the USA will be Meal Team Six or Green Buffet member.

TruthGPT will render this forum obsolete. It will declare that Webroot is the only solution to perfect human safety and peaceful existence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805-001252.png
    Screenshot_20230805-001252.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 66

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.