Government reading our Twitter DMs? Musk says yes!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In a recent interview, Elon Musk claimed that the U.S. government had complete access to everything on Twitter.

Tucker Carlson from Fox News interviewed Musk, and a shocking truth came out. Carlson shared a small clip of the interview in which Musk makes a claim. He says that the United States government had access to everything that comes to your mind, including direct messages and such. He also added that he wasn't aware of the situation before.

“The degree to which government agencies effectively had full access to everything that was going on on Twitter blew my mind. I was not aware of that," said Musk in the video clip.

"Would that include people’s DMs?" Carlson asks Musk, and he replies, "Yes." We don't have access to the full interview as it will air on Monday at 8 p.m. ET.

Most people assumed at least their private messages were secure and "outsiders" didn't have access. However, Musk says the opposite. We don't know for how long the government had access to all information on Twitter. People will probably raise concerns, and it is unclear whether the government will make an announcement about the situation or not.

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
This explains why my plans to take over the world have failed, twitter ho twitter Now I know how the government knew about my cupcakes and the plan to make a clone of JFK :emoji_beer:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.