Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
For some time now, our clients have been expressing the desire to have Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Online Armor combined into one single interface. Our CEO Christian Mairoll and the entire Emsisoft team are now thrilled to announce that “The time has come!”

Over the years, Emsisoft Anti-Malware has made its mark with its lean and efficient protection features, boasting a highly awarded behavior blocker which provides protection against brand new dangers on the web.

Emsisoft Online Armor had its foundation in a powerful firewall, but, for many users, it presented a challenge because it utilized a HIPS component that required a lot of technical know-how.

Emsisoft Internet Security combines the best of both worlds and completes Emsisoft Anti-Malware with an efficient firewall core – without cutting back on usability. The result is a product that suits anyone who dreams of ultimate protection, even in third-party networks.

7 reasons for Emsisoft Internet Security
Triple protection against malware
Surf Protection: Blocks dangerous and fraudulent websites; File Guard: Checks all downloads with a dual engine scanner; Behavior Blocker: intercepts brand new threats, even without updates.

Intelligent firewall
closes off and hides your system when using public networks. Your PC will be practically invisible. Includes IPv6 support.

Easy setup
of global and application-based firewall rules and clear presentation, while still remaining extremely flexible.

Light weight
industry performance, as it focuses on just one thing: Protecting your PC, without compromise. No more, no less. Emsisoft Internet Security is not an overloaded bulky software like most products on the market today, but slim and efficient.

Minimal firewall alerts
so that you aren’t tempted to just click “Allow”, which basically defeats the purpose of having a firewall in the first place.

Automatic evaluation of the credibility of programs
with the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Network. It detects more than 100 million programs, good or bad, based on user evaluations and numerous technical parameters.

Advantages in comparison to Windows firewall:

Easier and quicker to use, with the ability to evaluate the credibility of programs in a global context.

Try now without any obligations
Test our new high-end protection software for free, for a period of 30 days, and see for yourself why Emsisoft Internet Security was worth the wait . Please note that Emsisoft Internet Security cannot be installed at the same time as Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Online Armor.

Do you already have licenses for an Emsisoft Internet Security Pack?

Then exchange your Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Online Armor bundle licenses for a new Emsisoft Internet Security license – free of charge!

Affordable upgrade for Emsisoft Anti-Malware customers

Customers may upgrade to Emsisoft Internet Security at any time, when renewing an existing license.

20% off for new customers!
You can purchase Emsisoft Internet Security for the introductory price of US$39.95 instead of US$ 49.95 until the end of September 2014. This equals a discount of about 20%!

System requirements

Emsisoft Internet Security 9.0 runs on almost any PC and supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1, including all x64-based functions from Vista onwards. Minimum hardware requirements: 1 GB RAM (ideally 2 GB), screen resolution of 1024×600.

Emsisoft is:
Free malware removal
Our want to help you cleanse your system of nasty infections. This service is offered at no charge and does not oblige you to purchase our products in any way.

Free updates
All customers with a valid license get new versions automatically, via online updates. At no charge at all of course! As promised in the Emsisoft Technology Guarantee: We don’t just sell software – we are committed to keeping your PC clean.

Free trial version
It is vital to us that you are given the opportunity to judge the quality of our products and services for yourself before purchasing them. Test any of our products for free for 30 days!

Money-back guarantee
Should you not be satisfied after purchasing our products, you can receive a full refund for up to 30 days after purchase.

Loyalty bonus
License renewals after the first year cost 25% less, and with every additional year that you remain our customer, you will receive an additional 5% price cut – that’s up to a 60% discount!

Customer focus
Do not hesitate to bombard our first-class support team with questions on malware, licensing or product features.

Screenshots

source: http://blog.emsisoft.com/2014/09/08/new-emsisoft-internet-security/

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Wow this really looks an impress security suite - I've just downloaded a trial version; but will probably buy a 1 year license key.

Reactions: Xtwillight

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you already have an EIS License containing separate keys,1 for EAM and 1 for OA,you can merge them here https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowl...security-pack-to-emsisoft-internet-security-9
Follow these intructions

If you want to switch from the bundle product to the new combined Emsisoft Internet Security 9, you have to merge your existing license keys to obtain a new one.

1. Log in at the Emsisoft License Center, register both of the old license keys if they aren't already registered and then scroll down to the section "Merge Emsisoft Internet Security Pack licenses".
  2. Select an Emsisoft Anti-Malware and an Emsisoft Online Armor license that have the same specifications for number of seats and then click the "Merge" button to obtain a new license key. The old license keys will remain active for a few more days to allow you to uninstall and install the software safely without any interruption in protection.
  3. Download Emsisoft Internet Security from the product page.
  4. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Online Armor. You can find the uninstall links in their program groups (start menu on Win XP, Vista, 7 or start screen on Win 8).
  5. Install the downloaded Emsisoft Internet Security setup package and unlock the software with your newly generated license key.

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
Has anyone tried this already?
I'd really like to test this suite but I have problems with the FW again.

Firewall OFF/ON

Panorama.jpg

CPU usage is constantly around 40%.

This makes browsing the internet almost impossible.

EDIT: FW (?) messed up my internet connection several times.
Firewall seems like a complete failure again. Hope I'm wrong :confused:

EDIT 2: rebooted the system. CPU usage is normal again.

EDIT 3: after changing some app rules, CPU usage is again around 40%.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrExplorer

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have no issues at all. I'm using Windows 8.1 with 32GB RAM and I am really liking EIS 9

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have been running the Beta and now stable release on 3 PC's.I am running it on an old HP Core2 Duo 2.2 GHz 4GB RAM and have no issues,bugs or conflicts.In fact I have never had a problem when running EIS 7 & 8 (EAM + OA)

Reactions: Xtwillight

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
CPU usage is constantly around 40%.
That is definitely not normal. Is there anything unusual in your setup? Do you use bridging or VPNs for example? Are there any applications running that cause large amounts of network traffic like for example P2P applications? Is the high load bound to running certain applications?

Reactions: Oxygen

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'd like to thank you Fabian for an excellent product, I've now brought a license key and am really liking EIS 9

Tony :)

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Thanks, I will forward your thanks to the people who actually deserve it :).
Does EIS have hips? Behavior blocker is good in general, but sometimes it takes time to react. All i read about the new firewall is only that it ''hides'' the computer and it includes IPv6 support.What about hips?

Thank you

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
No, it does not contain a HIPS. We have been pretty clear about that for a long time even before the public testing started. You can stay with EAM+OA if you prefer a HIPS over a behavior blocker.

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
That is definitely not normal. Is there anything unusual in your setup? Do you use bridging or VPNs for example? Are there any applications running that cause large amounts of network traffic like for example P2P applications? Is the high load bound to running certain applications?

Thanks for the reply.
This happens as soon as I start utorrent (v2.0.4). After that all I can do to go back to normal cpu usage is a) disable firewall b) reboot the system

edit: I'm not downloading/uploading anything

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Amazing GUI. I've been waiting for something like this for a long time, probably since i discovered emsisoft a few years ago.
Can't wait to give it a test run :D

Reactions: MrXidus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.