App Review Emsisoft Internet Security Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Emsisoft

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Jul 27, 2013
That test clearly shows the difference between 'leaktests' and 'real malware'. As we have mentioned several times at various places before, we don't design our software to block leaktests, we design our software to protect our customers from real malware.

The problem with these leak tests is that they are only partially simulating threats. If they would really act like malware, nobody could run them safely. So they are actually non-harmful programs by design, which are therefore not detected properly too. Which is expected of course.

All those leak tests tools just proof that vendors have adapted special additional routines to block the leaktests, nothing more. We're still waiting for real malware samples that effectively use one of these so called leaks that we don't cover, and bypass our protection.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
There is something strange with his reviews....
I watched some on his channel but i have doubts about his malware samples.
In most of his reviews products scored 100%
Avast, Avira,Emsisoft 100%
Comodo 99% ????? o_O
And Qihoo Total Security 95% (lower than all other products)???????? o_O

We all know that there is no AV product that score 100% unless if the malware samples are not quite ...0 day.

Sorry....i don't buy it

Reactions: tallorder

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The author does do a very nice job presenting the Video (must be an Arts major), but everything else is totally flawed methodology.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
H

hjlbx

I think what Malware1 means is that the "free" Virussign malware packs will include some of the same malware samples from pack-to-pack. They typically get carried-over to the next pack for a significant amount of time.

Technically, the "free" Virussign samples are "old" as a good portion of the samples are from previous sets.

So if an AV is not detecting them, then that's a problem.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.