Status
Not open for further replies.

thewul

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
I need to decide between these two.

I tend to Emsisoft, but then again Norton (2014) performed well, so I would not know. Their support solved some questions immediately (chat sessions) and false positives were solved within a few hours, etc.
So I really can't complain about Norton.

Am running NIS 2014 together with Malwarebytes Anti Malware.

Have tried out Emsisoft, it looks great and maybe it is great. The Emsisoft firewall did cause a minor problem, that I did not have with Norton. A problem that seems difficult to be solved.

Saw a horrible review of the new Norton (the PC Security Channel on Youtube) so I very much hesitate to renew my license, which is due to expire within a few weeks.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks !

(oh, I do hope I am posting in the right forum, if not pls do accept my apologies)

Reactions: tonibalas

thewul

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
Happy user here: I definitively switched to Emsisoft.

Compared to Kaspersky that I have been using uptil 1,5-2 years go and Norton, this installation is incredibly easy.
Kaspersky has a lot of tweak settings here and customs settings there in numerous screens.
Emsisoft is just a few clicks to install, let it run, that's it.

Great and slick interface. Great support forum and a 'old-fashioned' direct mail address for help and sales, should it be necessary.
My experience is they respond the same day (mail), no matter how many mails/questions.

That on top of the feeling that you are using the best there is right now :)

-

Reactions: peymi

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Happy user here: I definitively switched to Emsisoft.

Compared to Kaspersky that I have been using uptil 1,5-2 years go and Norton, this installation is incredibly easy.
Kaspersky has a lot of tweak settings here and customs settings there in numerous screens.
Emsisoft is just a few clicks to install, let it run, that's it.

Great and slick interface. Great support forum and a 'old-fashioned' direct mail address for help and sales, should it be necessary.
My experience is they respond the same day (mail), no matter how many mails/questions.

That on top of the feeling that you are using the best there is right now :)

-
good choice to use emsisoft. ur right, there support is one of the best out there. u even get support when u not use emsisoft on there forum.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I would go for Emsisoft - I used their internet security suite for about 6-8 months and had problems with a virus and software they replied within 2-3hrs and the support was amazing. For such a small company (compared with Kaspersky, avast!) they are very good!

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Though I prefer Norton Security 2015 with aggressive settings personally, for most other people I would recommend EIS, especially to those who would have used Norton with default settings otherwise.

Reactions: randj89

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Yep EIS=Emsisoft Internet Security.

I just installed Emsisoft AntiMalware. Windows 7 automatically takes care of the firewall.

I'll add MBAM on top, guess it is fairly safe then.
(have a little doubt about adding Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, MBAE)

I had W7F (active), EAM (active), MBAM (on demand) for a while, saw no issues...
EAM and MBAM are a good combo... what EAM misses, MBAM picks up and vice versa...
You are on Windows 7, so stick with W7FwAdvancedSecurity... it really does pack a punch... (just consider using an interface application so you can see the connections log... windows keeps this in event viewer)

When did Norton become a package that is taken seriously?

thewul

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
Late feedback, I know, but I have Emsisoft for a couple of weeks now. It is really great. Once for all: just install, run updates, that's it.
No need to go through lots of settings. By default everything is okay. It makes use of dual-engine (http://blog.emsisoft.com/2012/11/08/tec121108/): Bitdefender combined with their own engine

Regretfully Emsisoft is hardly showing up on the menu of the NIS-KIS loving reviewers ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.