Download: Internet Download Manager
P2P: uTorrent
Win Update: Always Update

Enes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Why don't you have Windows Defender enabled in real-time? Do you use SmartScreen?

Thanks.
Actually i want to use an antivirus but my eset trial already expired so i couldnt find any protect which is fast and powerfull then eset.(Kaspersky already expired) :)
Yes i use smartscreen.

Your config isn't the best because you got a virus less than 3 months ago and no real-time protection.

Anyways thanks for sharing.

Just a toolbar virus. I cleaned with ad aware and thats it. So you saying isnt best , what do you suggest to protect my machine ?

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Reasonable configuration.
You can add Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to do weekly scans to ensure the integrity of the system, a form of prevention.
But for his knowledge, seems to be quiet. A doubt: You do use Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?
If 8, would be interesting to study an update, which is free. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Actually i want to use an antivirus but my eset trial already expired so i couldnt find any protect which is fast and powerfull then eset.(Kaspersky already expired) :)
Yes i use smartscreen.

Just a toolbar virus. I cleaned with ad aware and thats it. So you saying isnt best , what do you suggest to protect my machine ?
I recommend to enable Windows Defender until you find something else, you should never go without a real-time AV.

Enjoy!! :D

M

MalwareT

Great config, namesake. You need realtime protection and malware scanner, but if you are advanced user and you want higher level of security, i recommend to use COMODO Firewall.

Reactions: Enes

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would enable Windows Defender as stated above.SBIE is also a good program and free.Thanks for sharing your config :)

I hate to see anyone go unprotected so I sent you a 90 day ESET Smart Security license.It will work for Nod32 Antivirus also.Check your PM.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.