Well-known
May 3, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Epson printer keeps asking me to reset ink level even after resetting
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Filled ink tanks, reset ink levels, turned printer off and on again
Your current Antivirus
Kaspersky
I have an Epson L6171 inktank printer that is driving me mad. The ink tanks are full, the status has been reset on the printer, I turned the printer on and off, etc. But it keeps blocking telling me i need to refill the tanks. The printer even recognizes it's full, as can be seen below. I've searched everywhere but found no solution. Any suggestions?

1715089182351.png

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
It sounds like your printer might be experiencing a software glitch. Try updating your printer's firmware. If this doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers on your computer. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Epson's customer service.

Reactions: mlnevese
Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2024
If the printer itself is recognizing the filled cartridge its has to be associated with the computer software/driver at this point as bot stated. I would uninstall any software/apps you utilize for it, and the driver, reboot and reinstall them like its the first time your going to use this this printer on that system. Something in the software is glitching and not recognizing the reset.

Make sure to check the manufactures website for newer versions of drivers/software.

Reactions: Wrecker4923
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.