Troubleshoot Error (14) PDF file

conradjs05

Thread author
Sep 27, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
There was a problem reading this document (14)
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Two others can and I can't seem to find the discrepancy without playing detective on all of our workstations. Our acrobat versions are all the same, and I can open the document in Foxit Reader.
When opening this particular document that is 18 pages long you will get an error message that says There was a problem reading this document (14). Pretty much all of us have the same builds of Windows/Acrobat and myself and the other can't open it all the way. Two others can and I can't seem to find the discrepancy without playing detective on all of our workstations. Our acrobat versions are all the same, and I can open the document in Foxit Reader. Just can't open completely with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Any help/input would be appreciated.

Windows 7 64 bit, Adobe Acrobat 9.5

EdwardHunterS

Sep 28, 2015
Summary: With the same builds of Acrobat and the same builds of Windows (W7/64-bit), some folks can open the file in Acrobat and others cannot. The folks who cannot open it in Acrobat can open it in Foxit. And you say:
I can't seem to find the discrepancy without playing detective on all of our workstations.

I think that "playing detective" is exactly what you'll have to do.
Or try
PDF Repair Toolbox is a a new Adobe Acrobat file repair tool that allows users to fix PDF files which are inaccessible from Adobe's file recovery.
For more: Markets & Best Acrobat Reader Repair Tool

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.