Evandro Security Config.

Evandro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 20, 2014
Bienvenido amigo :)

With all of the above installed you still got infected in the last 6 months ?
HEHEHEH That´s a Good Question my friend, everything it´s ok now don´t worry rsss thanks for the question... I am Newbbie here!

Bienvenido amigo :)

With all of the above installed you still got infected in the last 6 months ?
The Dr.Web Security Space together with MalwareBytes Premium offers to me a great protection

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Evandro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 20, 2014
First Notebook:
===============
Operating System: Lenovo ThinkPad T430 23446NP with MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8.1 PRO 64 BITS
Architecture: 64-bit (x64)
Computer Knowledge: Advanced
Last known malware infection: Less than 6 months ago
VM Malware Testing: No
Number of users for this PC: I'm the only one who is using this machine (Private)
User Account Control settings: Always notify
Real-Time Protection: Dr.Web Security Space 10.0, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium)
On-demand Scanners: Free eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV),SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition,HitmanPro,TrendMicro Housecall64,Norton Power Eraser,Panda Cloud Cleaner,Avira Pc Cleaner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Privacy software: LastPass,CCleaner 64 Free,Advanced SystemCare 8 PRO, AVG PC TuneUp 2015 PRO
Web Browser(s): Google Chrome
Extensions and Plugins: Dr.WEB LinkCheker,WOT,Adguard,WebFilter Pro,Blur,Qualys BrowserCheck,Click&Clean,HTTPS Everywhere
Any other software: Shadow Defender PRO,Comodo DNS, SpywareBlaster 5.0 Free, Secunia PSI,Download App,FileHippo App Manager,MailWasher PRO,Blue Coat K9 Web Protection,Adwcleaner_4.103, SlimDrivers and Driver Booster 2 Free

Second Notebook:
================
Operating System: Dell Vostro 1320 with MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8.1 PRO 64 BITS
Architecture: 64-bit (x64)
Last known malware infection: Less than 6 months ago
VM Malware Testing: No
Number of users for this PC: I'm the only one who is using this machine (Private)
User Account Control settings: Always notify
Real-Time Protection: Comodo Internet Security Premium 8, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium)
On-demand Scanners: Free eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV),SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition,HitmanPro,TrendMicro Housecall64,Norton Power Eraser,Panda Cloud Cleaner,Avira Pc Cleaner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit, F-Secure Online Scanner
Privacy software: LastPass,CCleaner 64 Free,Advanced SystemCare 8 PRO, AVG PC TuneUp 2015 PRO
Web Browser(s): Google Chrome with Sandboxie and HitmanPro.Alert 2
Extensions and Plugins: Dr.WEB LinkCheker,WOT,Adguard,WebFilter Pro,Blur,Qualys BrowserCheck,Click&Clean,HTTPS Everywhere
Any other software: Shadow Defender PRO,Comodo DNS, SpywareBlaster 5.0 Free, Secunia PSI,Download App,FileHippo App Manager,Blue Coat K9 Web Protection,Adwcleaner_4.103, SlimDrivers and Driver Booster 2 Free

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My suggestion is to add a second browser in case you have a problem with Chrome.
Another suggestion is to keep just one cleaner, i think three are too many.
I also want to suggest to keep one driver updater because form my experience if you are using more than one at the same time you get mixed results.
Your config is very strong and i alsowant to ask how did you get an infection with this config:cool:
Thanks for sharing.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello; pretty good configuration, the only thing here is those scanners quite to keep them from USB or External HDD and placed like Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit for starters.

Just be aware on your clicking matters in order to avoid infections again. :)

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hello; pretty good configuration, the only thing here is those scanners quite to keep them from USB or External HDD and placed like Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit for starters.

Just be aware on your clicking matters in order to avoid infections again. :)
I always scan manually when USB or External HDD pluged in :D. Thanks for your suggestion!

Reactions: Evandro

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi Evandro. Thank you for sharing your configuration(s) with us.:) I would like to ask how your Lenovo & Dell each perform for you respectively. The reason I ask is because recently I have begun to reduce overkill in my own 8.1 system by lightening (removing un-needed extensions from Chrome. Although I've reduced the number of extensions used to (5), before arriving here I'd read this notice:
  • Avast Online Security 10.0.2502.149
    Avast Browser Security and Web Reputation Plugin.

Permissions Options Details
    Warning:
    • This extension failed to redirect a network request to chrome-extension://gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki/common/mocks/gpt.js because another extension (HTTPS Everywhere) redirected it to https://www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js.
Now, because extensions are in conflict, one solution could be to exchange Avast Online Security (which came with Avast!) for WOT. What I shall do is to further reduce my number of extensions to (4), and lighten Chrome.

Whichever you find yourself doing, have a joyous Holiday!!:):)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.