ExploitBlocker10's Security Config

ExploitBlocker10

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 4, 2015
I keep all software updated.

Thank you for viewing and please feel free to comment, question, and share your opinions below. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Reactions: norman
I

illumination

Looks like a beautiful light config... One question, when you say Reformatting, are you talking about using built in recovery or do you have external back ups of the system to reformat with? If you are referring to only having the built in recovery i highly recommend the latter of externally backing up the system. Other then this, your config looks great.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well to save time and effort better to have a snapshot of system, you will realize how time it can save for such process and you can do more productive works. ;)

Other than that its pretty fine though.

ExploitBlocker10

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 4, 2015
Looks like a beautiful light config... One question, when you say Reformatting, are you talking about using built in recovery or do you have external back ups of the system to reformat with? If you are referring to only having the built in recovery i highly recommend the latter of externally backing up the system. Other then this, your config looks great.
I am referring to the built in recovery. I will look into external backups though since it is the one thing I'm truly lacking. Do you know any good automatic backup software that is preferably free and as simple to use as possible. I dislike needlessly complicated software. Thank you for your suggestion.

Reactions: illumination
I

illumination

I am referring to the built in recovery. I will look into external backups though since it is the one thing I'm truly lacking. Do you know any good automatic backup software that is preferably free and as simple to use as possible. I dislike needlessly complicated software. Thank you for your suggestion.
You can use windows built in recovery to create a recovery disk.
To create a Recovery Disk:
1. Right click start button
2. Chose Control Panel
3. Under System and Security chose "Back up and Restore"
4. Under Control Panel Home select "Create a system image"
5. Chose on one or more DVD's...

Or you can use a application like Macrium Reflect Free...
Macrium Reflect Free

ExploitBlocker10

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 4, 2015
You can use windows built in recovery to create a recovery disk.
To create a Recovery Disk:
1. Right click start button
2. Chose Control Panel
3. Under System and Security chose "Back up and Restore"
4. Under Control Panel Home select "Create a system image"
5. Chose on one or more DVD's...

Or you can use a application like Macrium Reflect Free...
Macrium Reflect Free
Thank you for the advice I will update my post accordingly.

Reactions: illumination

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello, it is a very good configuration, just add a second browser and PrivaZer, which can protect your privacy :)
You can also add Collusion extension for your browser, which can allows you to know which sites are tracking you. Thanks for sharing ;)

Reactions: ExploitBlocker10

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you use default Windows Defender settings such as, Cloud-based protection and Sample submission?

You can also add Collusion extension for your browser, which can allows you to know which sites are tracking you.

There's nothing to indicate that Lightbeam blocks anything, so using Ghostery to block them immediately is better?
Lightbeam for Firefox

Reactions: ExploitBlocker10

ExploitBlocker10

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 4, 2015
Hello, it is a very good configuration, just add a second browser and PrivaZer, which can protect your privacy :)
You can also add Collusion extension for your browser, which can allows you to know which sites are tracking you. Thanks for sharing ;)
Thank you for the suggestion of a second browser. I will look into Lightbeam/collusion for Firefox. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reactions: JM Safe
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.