Floalma security settings

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
What do you think about it ?

PS: Junkware Removal Tool not at the right place, not a real-time protection. All programs are light on ressources and memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piteko21

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For your backups might i suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a very good free version. ;)

Reactions: Piteko21

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hi, nice to meet you;)
I think that you have a lot of tools for the same purpose...I mean, many cleaners. Just install Ccleaner and is enough.
choose oneand only one Antivirus software along with one or two anti-malwares like hitman pro and Malwarebytes free.

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would consider an upgrade to your OS to Windows 7 at the very least to have the upgrade option to Windows 10
I would try and eliminate some of your Utilities as Privazer is more than enough
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: frogboy

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
I only have one Antivirus, Crystal Security.
A few cleaners, but I only use wise disk Cleaner.

hi, nice to meet you;)
I think that you have a lot of tools for the same purpose...I mean, many cleaners. Just install Ccleaner and is enough.
choose oneand only one Antivirus software along with one or two anti-malwares like hitman pro and Malwarebytes free.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Crystal Security is not an AV.I would consider Avast with private firewall and get rid of spyshelter.Crystal Security should run alongside an AV fine.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Avast, according to the Malware Anlysis Report forum here, Avast is a real sieve, can't stop malwares. The only AV that I rely on are 360 Total Security and Crystal Security along with Hitman Pro. Anyway, IMO, AV is not need for protection, on the contrary for anti-malwares programs.

Crystal Security is not an AV.I would consider Avast with private firewall and get rid of spyshelter.Crystal Security should run alongside an AV fine.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well EXE Radar Pro and Crystal Security should be your sufficient already in that case as long you are aware from continuous maintenance.

Other tools can better place on your external storage and use them if necessarily, leave one or two main arsenal tools.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.