1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

3. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

4.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

5. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

6. Tip of the Day Many people think that 'formatting' a hard drive will wipe out all the data so it cannot be recovered
    Not so. To prevent the possibility of future recovery, use a third-party, low-level hard drive formatting tool, such as Killdisk (downloadable at no charge from www.killdisk.com) to overwrite data on the hard drive with a random sequence of 1's and 0's.

Free Antivirus You Can Trust by PC World

Discussion in 'Other Security Related Discussions' started by jamescv7, May 1, 2012.

1. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

Read More
  2. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Testing And Review Expert Staff Member

I thought MBAM & CIS will do better.
  3. malwarekiller

malwarekiller

I am sure looking at the screenshot the test was done with version 6 and NOT with version 7.

I dont trust what they say...avira is better than AVG so far and avast is better than any free AV.:D

avira has done better than avg in the real world test of AV-comparatives...WTF are they talking about??
  4. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Testing And Review Expert Staff Member

Malwarekiller, remember that each test labs has its own methodology and their own malwares samples, so unless a common procedure is created with common samples, every test will show different or even opposite results.

So just take those tests as informations.
  5. Jack

Jack Administrator Staff Member

Didn't expect to see such good results from AVG and PC Tools has managed to get 100% in the signature based scan....
    [attachment=1186]

Not a very good review for Comodo Internet Security, wonder what settings they have used ..

Also including Ad-Aware 10 in this list..is purely a marketing technique......Hopefully they've got some money for doing that.. ;)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      459.4 KB
      Views:
  6. HeffeD

HeffeD Super Moderator

Yeah, it's a bit confusing, because it you look at the real-world malware fully blocked and real-world malware partially blocked columns, the total equals 100%. That sounds like it blocked everything.

What exactly do they mean by 'partially blocked'?
  7. Huracan

Huracan Administrator Staff Member

Anyone else think the font looks similar to the one used by AVG?

I didn't even now there was a PC Tool AV Free, well I did, but I didn't know it allowed removal.
  8. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

You always think that AVG is going be the top one. Mind you Avast has been doing quite well in it's free version and how they have been updating it.
  9. LochNess

LochNess Regular Member

Is it possible to download AVG Free Version directly from AVG website...? I found it available from CNET but couldn't find link on AVG's Website...
  10. Huracan

Huracan Administrator Staff Member

Not the Free version, but have you tried a download from FileHippo?

http://filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus/
  11. LochNess

LochNess Regular Member

Thanks for help... I prefer to download via FileHippo vs CNET...