Expired Free Full Versions for Ashampoo Software--before it cost $ but now it is for free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamjoum

Thread author
Aug 28, 2012
Free-Full-Versions-for-Ashampoo-Software.png

- These are not the latest builds but are very much valid
The three programs Ashampoo now offers free of charge are WinOptimizer 2012, Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012 and Ashampoo Photo Commander 9. They all work on Windows XP or above and are available in a wide variety of languages.

These are not the latest versions for the products, but this does not mean in any way that they are useless or obsolete. The features available are still current and compatible with the needs of a regular user.

WinOptimizer is designed to optimally improve your Windows system and reduce or eliminate altogether performance bottlenecks.

Burning Studio 2012 combines all the necessary features for burning data on discs as well as designing and printing labels and booklets.

Photo Commander has been created as an all-in-one suite for handling large collections of photos. It allows you to organize them, optimize and edit them.

Download free full version of Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2012---

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Ashampoo-WinOptimizer.shtml
Download free full version of Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012---

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free.shtml
Download free full version of Ashampoo Photo Commander 9---

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Editors/Ashampoo-Photo-Commander-Free.shtml

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
I got the same giveaway from PCWelt Europe but the sad thing is that when I installed Burning Studio 2012 it would revert to asking the license again the nest day. That went on for 3 days straight until I sent an email to Ashampoo support and they were telling me to disable my firewall which I did but to no avail. Same thing happened. It would revert back to asking to activate again. Then Ashampoo support told me to disable my AV which I did not agree. Imagine disabling the AV and firewall just to activate a product! Uninstalled it permanently.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
jamjoum said:
give me your feed back about this giveaway.
finally how many kudos do you think that this giveaway deserve ?
to vote,click on kudos.
thanks you
enjoy it

jamjoum, this is your 17th new thread in this forum within the last 24 hours. If you ask for kudos then most of the time people will not give you kudos. They will give it to you if they like the giveaway and wish to give you kudos for the giveaway. Try posting somewhere else in the forums and if people like your reply then they may give you kudos. An example would be Earth's Joke about CCE, or MrXidus' Service to the users of these forums by providing signatures of security/everyday products.

You have posted things from donotcrack who already has an account on these forums that could post his deals or giveaways himself. And you have posted products that were already free as giveaways like free office or AVG free edition.

Before you post a deal, think, "Could this benefit the users and guests of MalwareTips?"

jamjoum

Thread author
Aug 28, 2012
jasonX said:
I got the same giveaway from PCWelt Europe but the sad thing is that when I installed Burning Studio 2012 it would revert to asking the license again the nest day. That went on for 3 days straight until I sent an email to Ashampoo support and they were telling me to disable my firewall which I did but to no avail. Same thing happened. It would revert back to asking to activate again. Then Ashampoo support told me to disable my AV which I did not agree. Imagine disabling the AV and firewall just to activate a product! Uninstalled it permanently.

if you want ,you can use my old post:
http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/lpa/gift?c=gimmeagift
then click on get downloads now (the blue bar)
and finally choose which product do you need ,for free.
i hope that this can help you.
enjoy it

jamjoum

Thread author
Aug 28, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
jamjoum said:
give me your feed back about this giveaway.
finally how many kudos do you think that this giveaway deserve ?
to vote,click on kudos.
thanks you
enjoy it

jamjoum, this is your 17th new thread in this forum within the last 24 hours. If you ask for kudos then most of the time people will not give you kudos. They will give it to you if they like the giveaway and wish to give you kudos for the giveaway. Try posting somewhere else in the forums and if people like your reply then they may give you kudos. An example would be Earth's Joke about CCE, or MrXidus' Service to the users of these forums by providing signatures of security/everyday products.

You have posted things from donotcrack who already has an account on these forums that could post his deals or giveaways himself. And you have posted products that were already free as giveaways like free office or AVG free edition.

Before you post a deal, think, "Could this benefit the users and guests of MalwareTips?"

OK i will,i putting all my effort to make life easier to all members and people on this forum and life.sorry because i don't know that some others websites and member in this forum.i will do all my best to post new threat that could benefit others and that can be new .thank you

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've never heard any company instructing to disable your AV, unless for malicious purposes. Any idea why they suggested that?

jasonX said:
Then Ashampoo support told me to disable my AV which I did not agree. Imagine disabling the AV and firewall just to activate a product! Uninstalled it permanently.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Earth said:
I've never heard any company instructing to disable your AV, unless for malicious purposes. Any idea why they suggested that?

jasonX said:
Then Ashampoo support told me to disable my AV which I did not agree. Imagine disabling the AV and firewall just to activate a product! Uninstalled it permanently.

The said something that "...it must be your security setup that's blocking the activation.." something like that --I do not remember it in verbatum but I'll check the email from Ashampoo support. They first said that it must be the firewall so I disabled that. Second email was this security setup but I told them I wasn't running anything on realtime except a suite. I was using Avira IS 2012 on that machine and nothing else in realtime and as they suggested to check if the AV was disabled I declined and uninstalled it permanently. I checked my notes and the other machines I have with Nod32 and KIS2012 were the same as well. But an older freeware of Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced (freeware) which did not need an active internet connection installed flawlessly. But I preferred Imageburn as it was much faster.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I installed Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2012 and ZoneAlarm notified me that the installer wanted to connect to the web and open my browser, so I allowed it. It fully registered and is activated.

Some AV will also block web traffic on installers, so that is probably the problem.

Ashampoo doesn't install malware, but will install a toolbar, change your search engine and homepage if you don't select custom installation and uncheck the crap.

After installation don't check for updates.
Un-select the "Ashampoo News" and "Updates" on the Service Channel Configuration. Free versions doen't support free updates, only a paid upgrade is offered, so there is no reason to have "Updates" selected on the Service Channel. "Ashampoo News" is just adverts for their paid products.

If you have already installed an update then you most likely have a 15 day trial of their latest version. You will need to uninstall and reinstall again making sure you don't update it.

Good luck.:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why is that?

Littlebits said:
Some AV will also block web traffic on installers, so that is probably the problem.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Ashampoo: wait for next major upgrade....you will get older version for free :D....i have already got latest version of ashampoo winoptimizer 9, ashampoo burning studio 11 and ashampoo photo commander 10 in giveaways....

There are also other ashampoo products giveaway:

Ashampoo Antimalware 1.21:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Ashampoo-Anti-Malware.shtml

Ashampoo Snap 4, Ashampoo Undeleter and Ashampoo Registry Cleaner:
http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/lpa/gift?c=gimmeagift

Ashampoo Uninstaller 4:
Direct download link during installation you can request free activation key

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Littlebits said:
I installed Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2012 and ZoneAlarm notified me that the installer wanted to connect to the web and open my browser, so I allowed it. It fully registered and is activated.

Ashampoo doesn't install malware, but will install a toolbar, change your search engine and homepage if you don't select custom installation and uncheck the crap.

Un-select the "Ashampoo News" and "Updates" on the Service Channel Configuration. Free versions doen't support free updates, only a paid upgrade is offered, so there is no reason to have "Updates" selected on the Service Channel. "Ashampoo News" is just adverts for their paid products.

If you have already installed an update then you most likely have a 15 day trial of their latest version. You will need to uninstall and reinstall again making sure you don't update it.

Yes that is correct. If you are not careful you'll end up with the toolbar and all of the stuff with it. The first time I made that mistake a couple of years ago I had to reinstall Firefox. I am a bit careful now during installations.

That's the thing with it, it would always end up 15 days and then from there the countdown begins. No firewall no AV while installing. That's weird.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Ashampoo is not a malicious company. Even Avira blocked the paid version of Burning Studio which I got from a giveaway an year ago from connecting to the activation server. SO just disabled Avira for a few moment and did the job.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
Why is that?

Littlebits said:

Because some AV's have some network filtering features like Network Shield, Web protection that will block installers from opening your browser and connecting to the web to register the product. I have had problems in the past with AV's blocking the registration of Ashampoo products and other products. It is not uncommon for tech support from a trusted software vendor to tell users to disable their security protection when having a issue with installing a product.

Good day.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
jasonX said:
Littlebits said:

Yes that is correct. If you are not careful you'll end up with the toolbar and all of the stuff with it. The first time I made that mistake a couple of years ago I had to reinstall Firefox. I am a bit careful now during installations.

That's the thing with it, it would always end up 15 days and then from there the countdown begins. No firewall no AV while installing. That's weird.

You must be clicking on the wrong settings while installing their products, remember never update while installing or after installing you will end up with a 15 day trial.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.