Battle Fsecure Internet Security vs Emsisoft internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
emsisoft, f-secure despite the fact that they do have excellent signatures i dont like some stuff like self-protection and malware removal, also it may be heavy some times... as for gdata.. well emsisoft is much better in a lot of aspects, but gdata BB and emsisoft BB are the best ones out there... is a matter of resources between both

Willams

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2015
Emsisoft The problem for me is that like most anti-malware , has no option to repair / heal, just delete the file ( I tested only the Emergency Kit) . What makes bad for infections caused by viruses of type file infector .

But really Emsisoft have excellent signatures base.

Reactions: Andrew999

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
From my experience i choose Emsisoft as it's lighter on my system.
F-Secure is a bit heavier but it's BB Deep Guard is very good.
G-Data has a great BB but it's heavy on system resources. If they company improve this aspect
of their software then it would be a top product and one of the best choices for protection.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
From my experience i choose Emsisoft as it's lighter on my system.
F-Secure is a bit heavier but it's BB Deep Guard is very good.
G-Data has a great BB but it's heavy on system resources. If they company improve this aspect
of their software then it would be a top product and one of the best choices for protection.

All three of them can be heavy on ram usage, i been using Emsisoft, and i noticed RAM usage can go up to 200MB sometimes. However, this week Emsisoft is acting up again that causing my Windows update unable to connect to the internet, and its software unable to connect to the server to get the latest signature. So....that force me to uninstall again, this is 3rd time i'm having issue with Emsisoft, and right now i am using Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential. Also, my Emsisoft license will expire in 100 days.

But after turning off Emsisoft all protections, my Windows update able to access to the internet, so i blame Emsisoft for this issue.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
EIS for me right now is consuming 300MB and up.
Most of the time it is 200MB-300MB. I don't know exactly why, but it might be because I disabled the memory optimization option.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
EIS for me right now is consuming 300MB and up.
Most of the time it is 200MB-300MB. I don't know exactly why, but it might be because I disabled the memory optimization option.

That could be one of them, and also the fact is Emsisoft store BitDefender signature into the RAM. These two is the factor of high RAM consume.

Reactions: XhenEd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
MT's majority users choice goes to Emsisoft. All of the characteristics and impression are already trademark which good to convince/recommend the product.

Same goes to other but with some flaws.

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@user102 ,@XhenEd when i was EAM only during update RAM usage was about 200MB.
The rest of the time RAM usage ( with memory optimization enabled ) was about 5-7 MB:eek::D.
Before EAM optimizes it's memory usage is about 70-80 MB.
As for problems with Windows Update and connection to the internet never had with EAM;)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
@user102 ,@XhenEd when i was EAM only during update RAM usage was about 200MB.
The rest of the time RAM usage ( with memory optimization enabled ) was about 5-7 MB:eek::D.
Before EAM optimizes it's memory usage is about 70-80 MB.
As for problems with Windows Update and connection to the internet never had with EAM;)

EIS is the culprit of Windows Update issue, not the EAM. Sorry for not explaining my issue carefully in details.

EIS cause Windows Update unable to connect to the internet. - Emsisoft Internet Security

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I had to vote for Emsisoft for multiple reasons. I can't even install G Data without it failing, it's resources usage is fine however it weighs down the system like crazy, and unlike Emsisoft, it does what it want with little user interaction. I'm big on telling AV's what to do, not it telling me what to do. As for F-Secure, never really used it. If there is an extended trial offering again, I will give it a test. To my understanding however, it doesn't have it's own firewall. In my opinion, it's not internet security without a firewall, AV, and web blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.