davisd

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Version 25.5.16.121:
Program-Update Information (25.5.16)
Thank you for trusting in G DATA and for your feedback that has been considered in this update.

These are our innovations for you:

General
•In order to always enjoy the best protection with our cyber security solutions, they should be kept up to date. To support this, we have improved the update behaviour. As long as the software detects that a new version is available, the user is regularly informed via pop-up window. Here, the new update can be directly initiated.

Bug Fixes
•The Outlook plugin could prevent the Microsoft Outlook process from finishing completely in rare cases. This has been fixed.
•Many other minor improvements.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Version 25.5.16.121:
Program-Update Information (25.5.16)
Thank you for trusting in G DATA and for your feedback that has been considered in this update.

These are our innovations for you:

General
•In order to always enjoy the best protection with our cyber security solutions, they should be kept up to date. To support this, we have improved the update behaviour. As long as the software detects that a new version is available, the user is regularly informed via pop-up window. Here, the new update can be directly initiated.

Bug Fixes
•The Outlook plugin could prevent the Microsoft Outlook process from finishing completely in rare cases. This has been fixed.
Well....They FINALLY fixed the Outlook plugin. Too little, WAY too late! ✌️

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
"These are our innovations for you:"

well... xD

hogrbe

Sep 8, 2023
I use G-Data for a month now and its firewall comes quite close to Outpost and better in some ways. I miss one feature though, for which I already contacted support. It would be great if a single firewall rule would allow for more than one ip address/range. Currently, I use different rules of the same type for the same application/process, just to cover different ip-addresses/ranges.

rules-overview-marked.pngsvchost-dns-marked.png

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
G-Data has a great firewall but indeed it missed some features.

I really like the idea how Microsoft Firewall works with exe's and and services. G-Data does not support that kind of rules.

For example svchost.exe is used by lots of programs. I can block all connections made by C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe and only allow my custom rules (comination of exe and servicename) as for Windows updates, Cryptograpic services, NTP, DNS, DHCP. Lots of homefirewall are missing this option.

Reactions: hogrbe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.