God!!! My startup time reduced drastically!!!

Product name
KAV 2015
Pros
  • Most effective, Light on resources, Startup time reduced beyond my imagination.
CONS
Since it is just an AV it has to be complimented with a firewall.
BOTTOM LINE
Infact KAV is very light on resources.

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I had been using BTS for almost 1.5 years till day before yesterday when I got my hands over KAV 2015. I have been hearing much about this highly rated and talked about solution. Though I seemed to be satisfied with BTS, uninstalling it was a bit tough. But this simply proved to me that BTS was infact heavy on system and made the system slow on boot up. My startup time reduced drastically from 2.03 sec to mere 42 sec.

I really felt what I had been missing over this time period. Hmmm. KAV 2015 is far better than Bitdefender when it comes to system startup and system resources. My system is faster and more responsive.

Capture1.PNG

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi,

How long does KAV 2015 to do a complete scan of the PC? And cleaning of an infect PC, how is KAV 2015 cleaning abilities?

Reactions: WinXPert

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi,

How long does KAV 2015 to do a complete scan of the PC? And cleaning of an infect PC, how is KAV 2015 cleaning abilities?
Scanning full system does take a lot of time. I tried it once but stopped it at 30%. My system is clean so far so not tested it myself though heard that kav has a superior detection and cleaning ability

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi,

I will see if, I can find recent tests to see about it detection and cleaning ability?
Kaspersky has a problem in the pass with ad-ware, wondering if this is still true?

Kind regards,;)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Bitdefender is worst AV is my opinion. Its too buggy & too slow.
Just Once Give a try to ESET, you will surely not regret.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
trainbus120, thanks for your thread that shares how welcome a surprise it was when the system's start up became greatly reduced!:D By also considering the strengths & weaknesses of Kaperski, and in addition to the comparisons mentioned concerning other AVs mentioned above,:rolleyes: I've been given a broader view in considering how both the performance & the protections of an antivirus choice influence the bigger picture of one's system.:);)

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
trainbus120, thanks for your thread that shares how welcome a surprise it was when the system's start up became greatly reduced!:D By also considering the strengths & weaknesses of Kaperski, and in addition to the comparisons mentioned concerning other AVs mentioned above,:rolleyes: I've been given a broader view in considering how both the performance & the protections of an antivirus choice influence the bigger picture of one's system.:);)
Sure. This point does make a lot of sense. Kindly share your valuable findings with us

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Yep, I experienced that by my self, KAV/KIS 2015 is far more better, well done for the developer. I too like it too much, if only Mr.Explorer didn't provide a link about KAV 2015, probably I never touch kaspersky again due to heavy issues, slow boot , UI freeze a lot etc.
Hi,

According my experience (been using it since 1 month) it still the same like the previous version (Scan speed) I consider it average, or probably low compare to the others.

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Yep, I experienced that by my self, KAV/KIS 2015 is far more better, well done for the developer. I too like it too much, if only Mr.Explorer didn't provide a link about KAV 2015, probably I never touch kaspersky again due to heavy issues, slow boot , UI freeze a lot etc.

According my experience (been using it since 1 month) it still the same like the previous version (Scan speed) I consider it average, or probably low compare to the others.
Firstly: here comes the 1000 like. Congrats!! Also I agree that scanning speed is really a pain.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Sure. This point does make a lot of sense. Kindly share your valuable findings with us
Thank you, trainbus.:) Although I've yet to experience Kaspersky as some including yourself have, I've heard positive comments here and from other threads. Currently I use native AVs on both Windows 7 & 8.1 respectively, after I'd experienced Bitdefender Free Version's:eek: incompatibility with Windows 8, back in December of 2013, which included the much dreaded blue screen of death,:oops: near the time when I'd first joined MT.:rolleyes: Since then, I've kept our 3 home systems light. I'd also experienced my own revelation of jaw dropping quick start ups after I'd used Adwcleaner & Farbar recovery tool on our now retired XP. Those two followed by a third scanner, Hitman Pro, significantly renewed the system giving it a whole new life until linux lubuntu was passed the torch in residence upon our oldest pc.:D Among the AVs recognized here as members' favorites, I continue reading of those which have also earned their high marks for having both lightness on systems while also possessing low false positive detections. Kaspersky, Quihoo, ESET, Emsisoft, & even WEBROOT, (forgive me if I've left some out) all seem to stand out thanks to what members have shared.:) Until the time arrives when I adopt a new main AV, Sandboxie protects my browsing, and Shadow Defender affords me another form of a reset button, although start up quickness (with Shadow Defender) takes a great deal longer.:mad: So, the moral of this story: We give a little to get a little, and sometimes (as reflected in immensely faster start ups) we're surprised by getting a whole lot more!:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.