Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hello,

I had version 36 installed on my system prior to installing the 64-bit beta. After trying it, I uninstalled it and re-installed version 36. Now, when I launch Chrome, it launches a blank page with "about:blank" in the address bar. I tried every trick in the book based on my research findings on the internet, but to no avail.

How do I get rid of this problem?

-http://img231.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=068338764_Clipboard01_122_573lo.jpg

Last edited:

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
about:blank is now set as your index homepage.
Re-set your home page address in chrome ?

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
This is from SRWare Iron, but the procedures are similar

348qed4.jpg

Reactions: SherKaan

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I think it was the 64 bit beta who messed up my system. I did everything I could, but couldn't fix it. In the end, I had to re-install my system and that worked.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I have found the actual culprit for this problem today. It was being caused by the Adguard program. After uninstalling it, the problem is now permanently fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.