Solved GoSave 2.0 keeps coming back on my Chrome

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Ellie Otani

Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2014
Argus, thanks. I gave it up last night and brought my lap top to my work today, and show it to our IT guy during the lunch time. He connected it to LAN and ran "ComboFix". Then he could uninstall and install Chrome without any problem. Now, Chrome works and I can download files without getting error messages. My IT guys told me he does not know what "ComboFix" did. But, it is working fine. It looks like the virus scan I ran took care of the issue and BuyNSave does not come back. Thanks for your time and help.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.